Wiki-Conference NYC 2010
There is an OSM workshop (mini-mapping party) during Wiki-Conference NYC 2010. (hopefully an annual event)
- August 29, 2010 -- 11am -1 am at NYU's Tisch School of Arts (721 Broadway)
What to map?
We are interested in collecting locations and details on places in the neighborhood, including:
- Shops - name? what kind of shop? (e.g. convenience, clothes, ...)
- Restaurants, cafe, fast food
- Pubs, bars, nightclubs
- Hairdresser shops (salons, barber), other shops & services
- Parking garages, parking lots
- Buildings - name, address, use (apartments or what)?
- Parks, walking paths
- Monuments, statues, sculptures
- Amenities - museums, historic sites, ...
- Traffic signals, crosswalks, ...
- If you really want, you can map things like benches, trash cans, ...
- Anything else you think is interesting.
Just about anything is notable and can be included.
OSM already has NYC bike rack locations (data donated to OSM).
We are mapping, using walking papers, with the East Village / NYU / Washington Square area divided up into "cake pieces".