|Mitrovica (Mitrovicë/Kosovska Mitrovica), Kosovo|
|latitude: 42.8853, longitude: 20.8681|
|Browse Mitrovica (Mitrovicë/Kosovska Mitrovica) map 42° 53′ 7″ N, 20° 52′ 5″ E|
|Use this template for your city|
Mitrovica (Mitrovicë/Kosovska Mitrovica) is a city in Kosovo at latitude 42° 53′ 7″ North, longitude 20° 52′ 5″ East.
|OpenStreetMap images (and underlying map data) are freely available under the OpenStreetMap License.|
Mitrovica is a city in Northern Kosovo that still needs lots of mapping. Street names are missing especially in the Northern part.
"Map Mitrovica" mapping activity (Nov 2013)
Likely the first coordinated OSM mapping activity in Mitrovica will take place in November 2013!
Join us in “Map Mitrovica”, map your neighbourhood, fill in the gaps, meet people and have fun!
- Thursday, November 21, 10.00 – 17.00
- Friday, November 22, 10.00 – 17.00
- Friday, November 29, 10.00 – 17.00
- The workshops will be held in the office of Community Building Mitrovica (CBM), Bulevardi Isa Boletini 12, Mitrovica (near the main bridge) (map). We will be mapping in various areas of the city, depending on your preference.
- Introductory workshop (November 21)
- get to know each other
- basic mapping techniques
- first OpenStreetMap editing
- Field mapping and uploading (November 22)
- go out and map with field papers
- upload to OpenStreetMap
- compare results
- Follow-up workshop (November 29)
- create the final map product
- advanced mapping topics
Who can participate?
- The “Map Mitrovica” workshop is open to all interested people! It will be held in English.
What do I need?
- You don't need any special knowledge about computers or mapping. That means: Everybody is welcome to participate.
- You don’t need to bring technical equipment. However, since we can provide only a limited number of computers, you are welcome to bring your own laptop. Also bring your iPhones and Androids, if you have.
- We will provide food and drinks. We will also cover your travel expenses, if needed.
Check out the Facebook event
We're also looking for experienced OSM users speaking Serbian and/or Albanian to support the event!
If you're interested to participate or have any questions, please contact User:Ant.