From OpenStreetMap Wiki
- For global mapping event with Zombie avatars, see Night of the living maps.
- Someone suggested a game at SotM 2011 that you have to go and map POIs so you're safe when the Zombie Invasion comes. For example, you get a point if you go and map a pharmacy, maybe other POIs like a supermarket. (Who's idea was it?)
- I think it would be better to show OpenStreetMap users what achivements they would win in a game. This potentially avoids people making vandalism edits in order to win a 3rd party game. Instead you look at valid OSM contributors (e.g. first timers) and tell them how well they are doing, in an exciting/motiviating game form.
- So how about have a page/site called Zombie Map. It might be good to first select a bounding box of the city you want to defend. Then the site checks for certain things to help you.
In case of a Zombie invasion, have these items been found/mapped? Point per item, or just point for getting one of each category? Maybe display a 'preparedness' level, e.g. one item in 5 (of the 10) categories mapped, you are 50% prepared.
- Health - pharmacies, doctor surgeries, hospitals
- Security/defence - Police station, Fire station
- Out smart them - Library, schools
- Recivilisation - Town hall
- Defence - hardware/diy shop
- Besieged supplies - supermarkets, farms
- Weapons, ammunition and related supplies - gun shops