|latitude: 41.4834, longitude: -81.675|
|Browse map of Cleveland 41°29′00″ N, 81°40′30″ W|
|Use this template for your city|
Cleveland is a city in Ohio at latitude 41°29′00″ North, longitude 81°40′30″ West.
Well-Mapped and Up to Date Areas
- The University Circle neighborhood (including the CWRU campus) by [SomeoneCallAlejandro]
- Legacy Village mall
- [The Towpath Trail http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/1406815]
- Coventry neighbourhood of Cleveland Heights, OH
- All Cleveland Public schools within the City of Cleveland (done during national day of civic hacking in April 2014).
- Cleveland/RTA's bus routes (current as of April 2014).
- Much of Northeast Ohio's parks have been mapped, particularly on the east side of Cleveland and Northeast Ohio.
- Cleveland Metroparks (parks, nature reserves) by Cleveland Metroparks employees.
- Most businesses in downtown Cleveland except near the CSU campus.
What really needs to be mapped!
So much still left to map !
- Suburbs, especially on the west side of Cleveland, have had minimal improvement since the TIGER import.
- Amenities like Churches, schools, parks, cemeteries, and Post offices were added during the GNIS Import. Most of them are represented as nodes instead of ways and are sometimes incorrectly placed on the map a few hundred feet from their actual locations. Some of these have since closed or changed names since added.
- The CSU college campus could be improved
Innerbelt / Outdated Imagery / GPS traces
Significant reconstruction to the I-90 bridge that runs through the southern end of downtown Cleveland, known locally as the Innerbelt, occurred from 2011- October 2016. As a result, GPS traces, aerial imagery, and even some Mapillary images do not match what is currently on the ground and mapped. Its status in OSM is kept current with what's on the ground.
There is also extensive construction in parts of Cleveland (Flats East Bank project, Cleveland State Campus) particularly in Downtown Cleveland, The Cleveland Clinic Campus, and University Circle neighborhood so the bing imagery may not match what is really there and mapped.
It's recommended to use Bing.
the aerial imagery from Bing is of good quality and is from August 2014.
The MapBox/Digital Globe imagery at a higher zoom level is more recent (2015?) but it is slightly offset.
The mapquest and NAIP imagery is from 2008 and its resolutions is lower than bing's.
Active Mappers in Cleveland and Northeast Ohio
A few active mappers based in the Cleveland or Northeast Ohio if you have questions.
[skorasaurus] mostly the city of Cleveland itself and Lakewood, OH.
[wlgann] Eastern suburbs of Cleveland
[tenofobix] Highland Heights
[unigami] Far east suburbs of Cleveland; parks and nature reserves
OSM in the Community
There's Open Cleveland, a Code for America Brigade.
There's also a couple (GUANO) and a GIS meet-up at CWRU.
Contact [skorasaurus] for more information.
Past OSM-specific Events
October 19 - OSM Fall Edit-a-Thon 
April 20 - OSM Edit-a-thon - Recap
March 18th - Meetup event page
past Before regrouping and merging to become Open Geo Cleveland, there were a couple informal OSM meetings in April and August 2012.