Design Mailing List
The OpenStreetMap design mailing list was created in August 2011 as a place to collect and organize those interested in the design aspects of the OpenStreetMap project.
Those interested may join the design mailing list
OSM.org front page redesign
From time to time, suggestions are made to change the OpenStreetMap.org Front Page Design. Ideally, this suggestion would consider the whole of the OpenStreetMap web front end environment, be unanimously supported by all in the community and include patches to enable deployment. That combination has not yet arrived.
One consideration when redesigning a web site is, "For which audiences is the web site intended" This may be combined with "personas", fictional, stereotypical users as part of the design discussion.
See the discussion of audiences and personas for the OSM.org web site redesign
- Research & paper presented at SotM-EU 2011
- Web front end - description of the current design/site
- UX - list of tasks for newbies, as a user experience test
- Front Page Design and Talk:Front Page Design - previous discussion/ideas about the front page
- User Page Design - OSM Hack DC meetup UI inventory on user page