Welcome to Featured image proposals.
Great photos of OpenStreetMap community, maps, or artwork posted here stand a good chance of being made Featured images, giving your picture a week of infamy on the main page of the OpenStreetMap Wiki, plus eternal fame in the archives.
What kind of image?
The image must be released with an open license (including no non-commercial restriction) and...
Just a great image of one sort or another e.g.
- Photos of people doing OpenStreetMap stuff
- Interesting maps e.g. interesting renderings
- Interesting screenshots of website maps
- Interesting screenshots of other software
- Bonus points for something in current news
We're trying for high standards but all proposals will be considered
How to propose?
How to propose?
Simply create a new section on this wiki page with your proposal.
That's the minimum and we need more people doing this. After that, you (perhaps with the help of others) can...
- upload the image to the wiki
- Specify open license on the image description page (Contact image "author" as necessary)
- Embed the image in the proposal section on this page at 400px wide.
- Write a caption describing the image, and linking any further reading. Captions should be short and use promotional language.
If you just do the first step (propose an image) others can help you with the remaining steps.
- Image sources / places that might contain interesting OSM stuff:
- Dates to be taken note of when choosing a featured image
- Parked image proposals. Proposals which didn't go anywhere (but may still be rescued back onto this page)
open source bicycle sharing using OSM: OpenSourceBikeShare or whitebikes
- Possible but could do with an explanation.--Andrew (talk) 21:25, 18 October 2015 (UTC)
DIY mapillary mapping motorbike mount
I've lined this one up with CC-BY permission.
Caption: "A DIY motorbike mount by ProjectRGM in Brazil. All set up for serious data capture, running Mapillary to record a sequence of street level photos for easy OpenStreetMap data capture."
-- Harry Wood (talk) 23:22, 31 October 2015 (UTC)
- featured this week -- Harry Wood (talk) 14:26, 23 November 2015 (UTC)
italian prime minister official trips
The map showing trips made by Italian Prime Minister Renzi uses OSM tiles from the WMF black & white tile server at Wikimedia Foundation. link: Impegni nazionali ed internazionali del Presidente