Foundation/Local Chapters/United States/Minutes-2016-04-12
From OpenStreetMap Wiki
- Organizing committee should be responsible of most planning.
- Every topic have a owner - doesn’t mean they have to do all the work, but should know what the updates are
- A few issues that need to be resolved
- Non-Profit taxes due date May 15th
- @Ian - Email craigslist - letting them we were not a nonprofit last year SOTM US
- @Ian - E-mail Mark Diskin about decisions regarding how to file previous year taxes. Retroactive Taxes - Assume non-profit status or pay as a cooperation.
- Think about hiring someone to help with book keeping
Law Clinic (wrapping up in 2 weeks)
- Update from Alyssa - Things are going well. Both students are really smart and good writer. Interviewing a handful of people.
- Students shared an initial draft with Alyssa and Mikel who provided some feedback going forward.
- Thinking of presenting their results in different ways including a Town Hall or SOTM US
- Will get a final draft in the next two weeks.
Open Map Camps
- At the UN this summer. July 9th - 250 people.
- Full day - open map day
- Need to think of ways to engage the audience.
- Current estimated budget $7000 covering food and location
- OSM US will be a partner but will not be paying. Money would come from other organizing groups.
- Invite to other organizations. Telenav, Missing Maps etc.
- Add tags to the github to be able to use in Waffle