Foundation/Local Chapters/United States
|WikiProject United States||openstreetmap.us||Projects||Tags||TIGER fixup|
|US Local chapter||Users||Data Imports||Resources||Category|
- 1 How can you participate?
- 2 Mission statement
- 3 Board of Directors
- 4 Chapter meetings
- 5 Chapter activities
- 6 Working Groups
- 7 Chapter resources
- 8 Financial reports
- 9 Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws
- 10 History of US OSM
How can you participate?
- Contribute to OSM through mapping parties, individual mapping and OSM editing, and local mapping events like our Mapathons!
- Join OpenStreetMap United States
- Get in touch to volunteer or support
- Join a Virtual Mappy Hour or Mapathon.
- Join a Working Group
We strive to support the OpenStreetMap project in the United States through fostering awareness, ensuring broad availability of data, continuous quality improvement, and an active community.
Board of Directors
- Alyssa Wright - President
- Alex Barth - Vice President
- Drishtie Patel - Secretary
- Ian Dees - Treasurer
- Martijn van Exel - At Large
Chapter Board Elections
The chapter board holds 30 minute weekly meetings and schedules larger meetings when necessary. These meetings are not open to the general public by default, but if you are interested, email email@example.com.
Next weekly meeting
Next Tuesday 5PM EDT
We use Google Hangout for our board meetings. You need a Google account to join the Hangouts, but the minutes are being made available to everyone.
- Minutes of regular meetings
- Annual General Meeting of 2012 was held at State Of The Map US 2012.
State of the Map US
OpenStreetMap US organizes the annual US conference on OSM:
- State Of The Map U.S. 2010, Denver CO, August 2010
- State Of The Map U.S. 2012, Portland OR, October 2012
- State Of The Map U.S. 2013, San Francisco CA, June 2013
- State Of The Map U.S. 2014, Washington DC, April 2014
- State Of The Map U.S. 2015, New York NY, Spring 2015
- State of the Map U.S. 2016, Seattle WA, Summer 2016
See also dates for the international State of the Map.
We currently have one active Working Group, dealing with supporting local groups and activities - the Local Working Group.
OpenStreetMap US offers server access to interested parties. Please get in touch with Ian Dees for access. The servers are currently used to host openstreetmap.us and TopOSM. Hosting costs are donated by visi.com and OSU's Open Source Lab.
Server specifications can be seen on the Servers subpage.
Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws
The US Chapter of OpenStreetMap is incorporated as of 19 April 2010.