Foundation/Local Chapters/United States
|WikiProject United States||openstreetmap.us||Projects||Tags||TIGER fixup|
|US Local chapter||Users||Data Imports||Resources||Category|
- 1 How can you participate?
- 2 Mission statement
- 3 Board of Directors
- 4 Chapter meetings
- 5 Chapter activities
- 6 Chapter resources
- 7 Financial reports
- 8 Incorporation Certification
- 9 Bylaws
- 10 Chapters agreement
- 11 History of US OSM
How can you participate?
- Contribute to OSM through mapping parties, individual mapping and OSM editing, and local mapping events like our Edit-a-thons!
- Join OpenStreetMap United States
- Get in touch to volunteer or support
- Join a Virtual Mappy Hour!
We strive to support the OpenStreetMap project in the United States through fostering awareness, ensuring broad availability of data, continuous quality improvement, and an active community.
Board of Directors
- Martijn van Exel - President
- Mele Sax-Barnett - Vice President
- Alex Barth - Secretary
- Kathleen Danielson - Treasurer
- Ian Dees - At-Large
Chapter Board Elections
The chapter board holds 30 minute weekly meetings and schedules larger meetings when necessary.
Next weekly meeting
Upcoming Monday 8PM Eastern
We use Google Hangout for our board meetings for now. You need a Google account to join the Hangouts, but the minutes are being made available to everyone.
- Minutes of regular meetings
- Annual General Meeting of 2012 was held at State Of The Map US 2012.
State of the Map US
To date, the US Chapter has organized three State Of The Map US conferences:
- State Of The Map U.S. 2010, August 2010
- State_Of_The_Map_U.S._2012, October 2012
- State Of The Map US 2013, June 2013
See also dates for the international State of the Map
Get involved by tuning in on meetings of the Technical and Imports Working Group or by simply dropping an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for any of the other activities like community outreach, running Virtual Mappy Hours, getting involved in conference planning, planning #editathons, press work or fundraising.
OpenStreetMap US offers server access to interested parties. Please get in touch with Ian Dees for access. The servers are currently used to host openstreetmap.us and TopOSM. Hosting costs are donated by visi.com and OSU's Open Source Lab.
Server specifications can be seen on the Servers subpage.
The US Chapter of OpenStreetMap is incorporated as of 19 April 2010.