Foundation/Local Chapters/United States
|WikiProject United States||openstreetmap.us||Projects||Tags||TIGER fixup|
|US Local chapter||Users||Data Imports||Resources||Category|
- 1 How can you participate?
- 2 Mission statement
- 3 Board of Directors
- 4 Chapter meetings
- 5 Chapter activities
- 6 Chapter resources
- 7 Financial reports
- 8 Articles of Incorporation (Incorporation Certification)
- 9 Bylaws
- 10 Chapters agreement
- 11 History of US OSM
How can you participate?
- Contribute to OSM through mapping parties, individual mapping and OSM editing, and local mapping events like our Mapathons!
- Join OpenStreetMap United States
- Get in touch to volunteer or support
- Join a Virtual Mappy Hour!
We strive to support the OpenStreetMap project in the United States through fostering awareness, ensuring broad availability of data, continuous quality improvement, and an active community.
Board of Directors
- Martijn van Exel - President
- Mele Sax-Barnett - Vice President
- Alex Barth - Secretary
- Kathleen Danielson - Treasurer
- Ian Dees - At-Large
Chapter Board Elections
The chapter board holds 30 minute weekly meetings and schedules larger meetings when necessary.
Next weekly meeting
Next Tuesday 3PM EDT
We use Google Hangout for our board meetings for now. You need a Google account to join the Hangouts, but the minutes are being made available to everyone.
- Minutes of regular meetings
- Annual General Meeting of 2012 was held at State Of The Map US 2012.
State of the Map US
To date, the US Chapter has organized three State Of The Map US conferences:
- State Of The Map U.S. 2010, August 2010
- State Of The Map U.S. 2012, October 2012
- State Of The Map U.S. 2013, June 2013
- State Of The Map U.S. 2014, April 2014
- State Of The Map U.S. 2015, Spring 2015
See also dates for the international State of the Map
OpenStreetMap US offers server access to interested parties. Please get in touch with Ian Dees for access. The servers are currently used to host openstreetmap.us and TopOSM. Hosting costs are donated by visi.com and OSU's Open Source Lab.
Server specifications can be seen on the Servers subpage.
Articles of Incorporation (Incorporation Certification)
The US Chapter of OpenStreetMap is incorporated as of 19 April 2010.
- Articles of Incorporation (Incorporation certification) page 1
- Articles of Incorporation (Incorporation certification) - all pages (copy)