Foundation/Local Chapters/United States/Minutes-2016-10-24
From OpenStreetMap Wiki
SOTM US 2017
- Who makes the decision? We only have a single expression of interest from Boulder
- Martijn points out that a longer lead time would be nice to help build momentum. Announce the call for the next event at the end of SOTM US?
- For the final decision it would be nice to have everyone's opinion
- Alyssa will make a ticket to discuss the bids
- Blog post is up, we promised a town hall. When should it be?
- Alyssa suggests ~2 weeks to allow for outreach + campaign. How about the week of the 21st for the election?
- Ian will create an election townhall invite; Martijn will do outreach on mailing list + Slack, create a wiki page
- Townhall should be for people who are interested in becoming candidates
- Another townhall for people to campaign and talk about their positions two weeks after the first
- We should put together enough of a recommendation for the new board and leave it as a thing for them to think about it
- Alyssa will send emails reminding people to renew their membership so they can run and so they can vote
- Martijn will send messages to mailing list