Gori mapping party
|latitude: 41.96, longitude: 44.14|
|Browse Gori map 41° 57′ 36″ N, 44° 8′ 24″ E|
|Use this template for your city|
Gori is a city in Georgia at latitude 41° 57′ 36″ North, longitude 44° 8′ 24″ East.
Gori Mapping Party
The Gori Mapping Party will be part of JumpStart International's project to map the Shida Kartli region using local community organizers and volunteers. Because the map will be made public domain, work will take place on JumpStart's server and will be periodically added to the OSM map. The map will be viewable at http://georgia.maps.jsintl.org
Because there are only a handful of OSM mappers active in Gori, this event is more about getting people initiated then fully mapping the city. We've just begun our work in Gori, but over the next couple of weeks we intend to fill in missing roads, road names, and especially identifying places in the city. Later we'll move on to map the rest of Shida Kartli.
It's fun. It's free. You can help.
More about Mapping parties
- When: Saturday October 10th, 12pm - 5pm
- Where: Meet at 'Akhal Baghi', the big park across the street from the bus station
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 899 65 4572
- Event schedule:
- 12:00 Meet at the park
- 12:30 Go map!
- 3:00-5:00 Meet at '@' Internet Cafe, near the big Stalin Statue, next to Public School #3 and upload data to the worldwide map!
- If you own a GPS or laptop computer, please bring it along. If not, we will have GPS units to loan.
- Weather: This event is rain or shine.
- RSVP: please let us know that you will join us by sending an email to email@example.com
If you've never used OpenStreetMap before, it will be helpful if you read a little bit about it so you know what we're doing! http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Main_Page
Register on the site http://www.openstreetmap.org/ and remember that you need a separate login for the wiki pages.
If you'd like to sign up for the talk list for mapping Georgia, visit http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-ge
To add more points-of-interest to the city map as well as tackle areas that still need mapping.
Mapping Party Suggestions
Please feel free to suggest locations and goals for this mapping event as well as future events.