Humanitarian OSM Tags/practicability
|What kind of vehicles can practically pass a road|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
Proposed way of tagging the practicability of a road. It is often a needed value in humanitarian work to need to know which kind of vehicles can pass a road.
Idea is to create an extra preset similar to access or restrictions to define this in needed situations.
The tagging scheme of this is proposed to mirror the access=* scheme.
For non-motorized you would tag 4wd and motorcycle as "no"
- practicability:light_truck=* (less than 10 tonnes)
- practicability:heavy_truck=* (less than 20 tonnes)
- practicability:truck+trailer=* (more than 20 tonnes)
Should these vehicles be rethought? Simplified? Should motorcar be defined as 4wd?
- *=yes (this should be avoided. This value should be implicit as yes if not defined or be deduce by highway=* classification)
- *=no (To define if road is not passable by certain vehicles if not implicit in other information)
- *=seasonal (Defines a road is only passable by a certain vehicle seasonally. Consider alternately value=summer or winter)
- *=limited (Not seasonal but may vary dependent on daily rains and sporadic road grooming)