[ ] Template documentation
. (edit | history)
Note to editors: Please don't categorize this template by editing it directly. Instead, place the category in its documentation page, in its "includeonly" section.
This template has a sandbox (edit)
and testcases (edit)
for editors to experiment.
This template implements a small box which explains the basics about a specific key.
It should be used on every page of the Key:*-namespace!
Currently it also includes the Template:Languages.
For pages in the Tag:*-namespace, see Template:ValueDescription.
How to use this template
Include the template code on top of every Key:*-page:
| key = keyname
| image = File:imagename.png
| image:desc = description of the image
| description = short description
| website = if the key forms part of a URL, link to the parent website
| url_pattern = if the key forms part of a URL, the pattern of the URL in the form http://example.com/stem/[value]
| group = group name
| onNode = yes/no
| onWay = yes/no
| onClosedWay = yes/no
| onArea = yes/no
| onRelation = yes/no
| combination = useful tag to combine with
| implies = tags implied by this key
| seeAlso = item cross-references
| status = Approved
| lang = en
Replace the parts behind the = with something that fits your need.
- key= this is the name of your key in lower-case letters for example: key=highway
- image= name of a example image that describes your key for example: image=Image:Motorway-photo.jpg Use image=undefined if it is not possible to photograph an example for the key (e.g. seasonal=*) which removes it from the category Category:Key pages with missing images.
- description= short description of your key. try to keep it short but relevant. for example:description=The highway tag is the primary tag used for any kind of street or way.
- group= Name of a group which this key belongs to. Used as a link to a higher level of wiki.
- onNode= either yes or no describe on which element your key can be used
- onWay= either yes or no describe on which element your key can be used
- onClosedWay= either yes or no describe on which element your key can be used
- onArea= either yes or no describe on which element your key can be used
- onRelation= either yes or no describe on which element your key can be used
- combination= give hints about tags which are good to combine with this one
- implies= tags implied by this key. I.e. highway=* implies access=yes
- seeAlso= give hints about similar tags
- lang= 2 letter country code for example DE, EN, NL, TR, ...
- status= state of approval process of this key (Approved / Rejected / Voting / Proposed / Draft / Abandoned / In use / Defacto)
Translating a existing page
If you like to translate a page into your language you just need to create a page for it for example AR:Key:highway.
Once the page exist the link to this side will be seen on every *:Key:highway site.
Do not edit this template to add the link to your translated page!