[ ] Template documentation
. (edit | history)
Note to editors: Please don't categorize this template by editing it directly. Instead, place the category in its documentation page, in its "includeonly" section.
This template has a sandbox (edit)
and testcases (edit)
for editors to experiment.
This template implements a small box which explains the basics about a specific key.
It should be used on every page of the Key:*-namespace!
Currently it also includes the Template:Languages.
For pages in the Tag:*-namespace, see Template:ValueDescription.
How to use this template
Include the template code on top of every Key:*-page:
|image:desc=description of the image
|combination=useful tag to combine with
|implies=tags implied by this key
Replace the parts behind the = with something that fits your need.
- key= this is the name of your key in lower-case letters for example: key=highway
- image= name of a example image that describes your key for example: image=Image:Motorway-photo.jpg Use image=undefined if it is not possible to photograph an example for the key (e.g. seasonal=*) which removes it from the category Category:Key pages with missing images.
- description= short description of your key. try to keep it short but relevant. for example:description=The highway tag is the primary tag used for any kind of street or way.
- group= Name of a group which this key belongs to. used by the Tagwatch script to sort all the keys.
- onNode= either yes or no describe on which element your key can be used
- onWay= either yes or no describe on which element your key can be used
- onArea= either yes or no describe on which element your key can be used
- onRelation= either yes or no describe on which element your key can be used
- combination= give hints about tags which are good to combine with this one
- implies= tags implied by this key. I.e. highway=* implies access=yes
- lang= 2 letter country code for example DE, EN, NL, TR, ...
Translating a existing page
If you like to translate a page into your language you just need to create a page for it for example AR:Key:highway.
Once the page exist the link to this side will be seen on every *:Key:highway site.
Do not edit this template to add the link to your translated page!