Humanitarian OSM Team/Working groups/Activation/meeting 2015-11-10

From OpenStreetMap Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Activation WG Meeting Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 24:00/00:00 UTC

Participants - IRC handle (lines said)

russdeffner (64), mataharimhairi (12)

Links mentioned in meeting

  • Previous Meeting Minutes: 2015-11-03
  • AWG Trello Board: [1]
  • AWG Website Page: [2]
  • GeoWeek Sign-up: [3]

Meeting Summary

  • Agenda used was this hackpad.
  • Review Last Meeting/Unfinished Business (russdeffner, 00:05:16)
    • We are transitioning agenda items from Hackpad to Trello[1] (russdeffner, 00:18:05)
    • ACTION: AWG Co-leads to continue drafting group on-boarding procedures (russdeffner, 00:27:43)
  • On-boarding procedures for HOT Tasking Manager (russdeffner, 00:28:50)
    • A spreadsheet of all existing Admins and Project Managers was created (russdeffner, 00:31:08)
    • Each one of them was contacted via their OSM profiles by Adityo, Mikel or myself (russdeffner, 00:31:33)
    • we originally gave a deadline to reply by Oct 31, then pushed back to Nov 7 (russdeffner, 00:32:12)
    • We asked them to reply with name and email to start a new mailing list (HOT Google for Non-profit Group) (russdeffner, 00:33:03)
    • ACTION: Russell to follow-up regarding TM mailing list (russdeffner, 00:35:26)
    • The on-boarding process for new Project Managers is now the endorsement portion of the Tasking Role course (russdeffner, 00:36:04)
  • Recruiting Remote Support for GeoWeek (russdeffner, 00:39:13)
    • ACTION: Need help highlighting/commenting GeoWeek sheet with known events[3]
  • Any Pressing Disaster Mapping Needs (russdeffner, 00:47:06)
  • Any New Business for the AWG (russdeffner, 00:50:47)
    • ACTION: Mhairi to create poll on Trello for meeting frequency (russdeffner, 00:54:48)

IRC Log

00:02:20 <russdeffner> #startmeeting Activation Working Group November 10
00:02:20 <hot_meetbot`> Meeting started Tue Nov 10 00:02:20 2015 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes. The chair is russdeffner. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
00:02:20 <hot_meetbot`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
00:02:20 <hot_meetbot`> The meeting name has been set to 'activation_working_group_november_10'
00:04:21 <russdeffner> hi mhairi, thanks for saying morning, I was going to tyope the 9th
00:05:16 <russdeffner> #topic Review Last Meeting/Unfinished Business
00:05:48 <russdeffner> So, I think we got some more things resolved, let's take a look...
00:05:56 <russdeffner> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team/Working_groups/Activation/meeting_2015-11-03
00:08:43 <russdeffner> A couple of things go together and I think become some 'unfinished'/ongoing business
00:09:39 <russdeffner> and as we wait for any more to join I wanted to think about using trello for agenda items/group workflow
00:10:27 <russdeffner> so, I'm just making it public...
00:10:31 <russdeffner> https://trello.com/b/ogU4Wjd6/hot-activation-wg
00:10:32 <mataharimhairi> +1 for agenda items/group workflow on trello
00:10:41 <russdeffner> at least viewable
00:10:51 <russdeffner> there is still some admin things I need to see about
00:11:20 <russdeffner> mainly figuring out who is in charge of the HOT group on trello
00:11:35 <russdeffner> but anyway, what about something like that to start?
00:11:47 <russdeffner> I can start adding some cards for today
00:13:23 <mataharimhairi> its a good start
00:13:41 <mataharimhairi> and we can link through to the trello board from the activation wg wiki page
00:14:12 <russdeffner> yes, was thinking today we need a one-pager for 'all the things WG co-leads need to keep up-to-date'
00:14:14 <mataharimhairi> and from the hot website
00:14:21 <mataharimhairi> https://hotosm.org/working-groups/activation
00:14:44 <mataharimhairi> sounds great. do you want to do that during the meeting today?
00:15:16 <russdeffner> It would be fun if we could have a 'suggestion box' that could be public
00:15:40 <russdeffner> anyway, it is basically carry-over from last meetings
00:17:24 <russdeffner> anyway, just to document/continue...
00:18:05 <russdeffner> #info We are transitioning agenda items from Hackpad to Trello
00:18:24 <russdeffner> that will be one less thing we have to create for every meeting
00:19:24 <russdeffner> I'm also just going to make a card for all the activation 'conclusion/transitions'
00:23:50 <russdeffner> next 'unfinished item' is regarding the on-boarding to the group mailing list and the trello
00:24:18 <russdeffner> but there is still a bit of admin stuff I need to work out on the mailing list/google group
00:25:20 <russdeffner> however, I'm sort-of liking the idea of having it part of a course, maybe activation leadership?
00:25:54 <russdeffner> I know there's not a lot of the 'regulars' here now, so that's more an open ended question while technical aspects are worked out
00:27:43 <russdeffner> #Action AWG Co-leads to continue drafting group on-boarding procedures
00:28:50 <russdeffner> #topic On-boarding procedures for HOT Tasking Manager
00:29:53 <russdeffner> this topic I wasn't really involved in initiating and don't think those who were are here right now
00:30:41 <russdeffner> the info I have is...
00:31:08 <russdeffner> #info A spreadsheet of all existing Admins and Project Managers was created
00:31:33 <russdeffner> #info Each one of them was contacted via their OSM profiles by Adityo, Mikel or myself
00:32:12 <russdeffner> #info we originally gave a deadline to reply by Oct 31, then pushed back to Nov 7
00:33:03 <russdeffner> #info We asked them to reply with name and email to start a new mailing list (HOT Google for Non-profit Group)
00:33:38 <russdeffner> we need to next add all those who replied to the group
00:33:55 <russdeffner> not sure all respondants have been added to the spreadsheet yet
00:34:54 <russdeffner> unless someone else knows otherwise, I'll have to follow-up with the group before we can really move ahead
00:35:26 <russdeffner> #action Russell to follow-up regarding TM mailing list
00:35:34 <russdeffner> on a side-note...
00:36:04 <russdeffner> #info The on-boarding process for new Project Managers is now the endorsement portion of the Tasking Role course
00:36:48 <russdeffner> basically you email the new list, someone adds you to the dev site...
00:37:25 <russdeffner> you create a draft project, one of the existing Tasking Activators reviews, critiques and once satisfied adds to the main site
00:38:17 <russdeffner> anything else on this topic?
00:39:13 <russdeffner> #topic Recruiting Remote Support for GeoWeek
00:40:00 <russdeffner> From what we discussed last week, I completed this google sheet...
00:40:02 <russdeffner> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nyO-Iww2rsk62A2GV3ZBIKT4fxr67-TGopIdDyOG65I
00:41:00 <russdeffner> Drishtie thought it was great, so think we can 'launch this'
00:42:21 <russdeffner> What I'd like help with, because it might be a complete pain-in-the-neck...
00:42:44 <russdeffner> is highlighting the time blocks we know there are events
00:45:45 <russdeffner> #action Need help highlighting/commenting GeoWeek sheet with known events
00:46:56 <russdeffner> ok, so since it appears there aren't many here, I'll just give a few moments in case someone is waiting for...
00:47:06 <russdeffner> #topic Any Pressing Disaster Mapping Needs
00:48:13 <mataharimhairi> hey russdeffner
00:48:25 <mataharimhairi> a little off topic, but just in case i get cut off
00:48:53 <mataharimhairi> i think its pretty important that a card gets started on the trello board for a vote on the frequency of these meetings
00:49:09 <mataharimhairi> really hoping that this will make a difference in the no of attendees
00:49:22 <mataharimhairi> are you happy for me to go ahead and organise that this week?
00:49:32 <mataharimhairi> just checked and i can edit the board as needed
00:50:36 <russdeffner> yes, actually was going to suggest something during 'new business'
00:50:39 <russdeffner> so...
00:50:47 <russdeffner> #topic Any New Business for the AWG
00:51:38 <russdeffner> I'll just quickly say, that all our Activations/Disaster Mapping projects are in need of some attention from their coordinators (including myself)
00:52:03 <russdeffner> to transition/conclude, but at this point we'll just be on 'stand-by'
00:52:56 <russdeffner> in case of Afghanistan and Patricia as I know, I need to reach out to Robert and see about doing a 'joint update' with some stats and verbiage about transitioning to local projects and reviewing with partners
00:53:30 <russdeffner> in regards to new business, Mhairi; would you like to propose yourself an #action?
00:54:27 <russdeffner> ok, maybe you dropped; going to wrap this up...
00:54:48 <russdeffner> #action Mhairi to create poll on Trello for meeting frequency
00:54:57 <russdeffner> and maybe day/time again :)
00:55:19 <russdeffner> last call for any new business of the AWG
00:56:33 <russdeffner> ok, good to chat Mhairi; everyone else, feel free to reach the group at Activation@hotosm.org
00:56:37 <russdeffner> #endmeeting