Indonesia/Surabaya Boundaries Import
Administrative Boundaries in Surabaya
The city of Surabaya is divided into 31 sub-districts (kecamatan), each containing a varying number of villages (kelurahan) within their boundaries, with a total 154 villages. The import data will be uploaded in community group level boundaries.These data from field survey and disscuss with staff village office in Surabaya City. We have finished the Surabaya project in February 2017, we have collected infrastructures and 1302 relations community group boundaries. We was digitized each community group boundaries in JOSM with format .osm
The license data is Open Database License (ODbL).
During the import we will put changeset tags that indicate the source. Nonetheless, it is useful to keep the source tag for each object as the changeset information is not forcefully got from any OSM extract tool and the source can be a very useful information for people who will work with these data.
Import Rules in OSM
The data from the administrative surabaya, considering its high quality, is to be imported into OSM and consequently, needs to follow the guidelines of any to-be-imported dataset.
The dataset has been analyzed, the attributes have been converted into tags, presented and validated to the imports mailing list.
Any import must be done through a specific OSM user account. So the advice is to create a new OSM user account (eg the usual name with _import at the end) from a secondary email address.
- The administrative boundaries will be use the same tags as already defined in OpenStreetMap and Indonesia Presets PDC. The detail tags and object will be upload :
- place:village = point of villages name
- place:municipality = point of subdistricts name
- admin_level:9 = relation of community groups (RW)
- admin_level:7 = relation of villages (kelurahan)
- admin_level:6 = relation of subdistricts (kecamatan)
- admin_level:5 = relation of regency (kabupaten)
- All the .osm files can be downloaded here to check them out.
- Using JOSM to upload the new data after reviewing each administrative level and boundary relation.
- Every changeset is created with the following tags:
The import will launch in 1st April 2017.
- admin_level=9 (Community Group/RW) Total: 1302 relations
- admin_level=7 (Village/Kelurahan) Total: 154 relations
- admin_level=6 (Sub-Districts/Kecamatan) Total: 31 relations
- admin_level=5 (Regency/Kabupaten) Total: 1 relation