Karlsruhe Mapping Party/Orga
This is a page for the orga team of the first mapping party in Karlsruhe. If you are new to this, you'll want to go to this page: Karlsruhe Mapping Party/Deutsch.
Diese Seite ist für das Orga-Team der ersten Mapping Party in Karlsruhe. Wenn Du einfach nur teilnehmen willst, dann gehe bitte zu dieser Seite: Karlsruhe Mapping Party/Deutsch.
The following things should be prepared for the weekend:
- GPS-Devices to rent (we at least get one from MTvB)
- Recent state as SVG & Garmin IMG files
- Recent state as ready to use img file for Garmin devices (ce)
- Recent state as large printed map?
- Power supplies (multiple outlets; ce)
- Switches and CAT5 cables?
- Printer for ad hoc printing?
- Short printed mapping guide for newcomers (»park benches don't need to be mapped« ;-)?
- Preconfigured package containing
- Defining "Arbeitspakete" for the individual mappers
- Scanner to scan passports of people who rent hardware
- We should ensure that people leave us their tracks, so we can create a progress map
- All data collected should get edited right at the weekend
- Mappers should be urged to map systematically. Either all post boxes or none, but not only some. Either all footways or none, not only some etc.
- While we have the planet dump of wednesday, we should fetch Karlsruhe on saturday evening to create an incremental map