From OpenStreetMap Wiki
|Currency accepted or dispensed.|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
Currency accepted or dispensed.
- currency:XXX=yes The currency "XXX" is accepted/dispensed. "XXX" is replaced by the three letter currency code.
- currency:XXX=no The currency "XXX" is not accepted/dispensed. "XXX" is replaced by the three letter currency code.
- currency:others=no Add this tag if all accepted/dispensed currencies have been added to the feature, all other currencies which have not been explicitly tagged are treated as "not accepted".
- currency:EUR=yes Euros are accepted but it is unclear wheather other currencies are accepted, too
- currency:USD=no it is unknown which currencies are accepted at all but at least we know it's not US Dollars
- currency:JPY=yes + currency:others=no only Yen are accepted, all other currencies are rejected
- currency:eur=yes Avoid this (and similar) notation, according to ISO 4217 the currency code must be in capital letters
- currency:EUR=no + currency:USD=no + currency:RUR=yes + currency:others=no The currencies EUR and USD can be omitted since currency:others=no implicitly says that all other currencies are rejected
This tagging scheme replaces the currency=<XXX> scheme, which is not working properly because an ATM can dispense several currencies.