Mapathon/US Spring Mapathon 2015
The 10th U.S. national Mapathon will be held in in the weekend of April 11-12, 2015. Let's get together and make the best map of the world even better!
This Mapathon will be dedicated to 'The Great Outdoors'! If you feel like it, get out there and survey trails and trailheads. Richard Weait has written a great blog post about adding trails to OSM to get you started!
|City||Dates and Times||Venue||Contact||Event link|
|Boston, MA||4/11/15 : 12PM - 6PM||CIC Boston||User:Ahlzen||Details and RSVP|
|Cape Cod||4/11/15 : 8AM - 12PMemail@example.com||Coming Soon|
|Madison (Wisc.)||4/12/15 : 1-5PM||Madison Public Library Bubbler||User:Hobbesvsboyle||Link and RSVP|
|Washington, DC||4/11/15 : 9AM - 5PM||DOI HQ (myAmerica Developer Summit)||User:OpenBrian||Details and RSVP|
|Salt Lake City, UT||4/11/15||Memory Grove Park (Outdoor event), Church And State (indoor follow up)||User:mvexel||Details and RSVP|
|St. Louis, MO||4/11/15||TBD||User:eleanortutt||TBD|
|New York, NY||4/11/15||World Cup Cafe||User:emacsen||Details and RSVP|
|San Francisco Bay Area, CA||4/11/15 9am-5pm||Multiple - GGNRA and Los Gatos Creek in San Jose, CA||User:ryanbranciforte||Details and RSVP|
|Fort Collins, CO||4/11/15||Colorado State University Morgan Library Room 175||User:jimmyrocks||Details and RSVP|
What do I need to know to host an event?
- The rule is simple: anything you commit to OpenStreetMap, should contain the hashtag #mapathon in the comment.
- Use MapRoulette or the Battle Grid to jump start editing!
- Make use the Strava running and cycling tile layers to help map large trail networks.
- Your event can be an outside surveying event or an inside editing event.
- Design your event friendly to newcomers, make sure there's someone there to explain to first timers the fundamentals of OpenStreetMap and show them the first steps of editing and surveying.
- The location should have fast internet and a place to sit for everyone. Remind attendees to bring a computer, mouse, and any other devices you'll need for your event.
- Collect name and email from attendees, keep them to yourself. This information is to send on a feedback survey and only for survey purposes.