Mechanical Edits/Mateusz Konieczny/surface=woodchip to surface=woodchips
I plan to change surface=woodchip to surface=woodchips
surface=woodchip is a clear duplicate of surface=woodchips. It is also less popular and undocumented on Key:surface. It would be a good idea to retag it to already documented tag before this tags are used more.
- amount of surface=woodchip in OSM as of 2015-08-31 is 135.
- amount of surface=woodchips in OSM as of 2015-08-31 is 226
I'd download all surface=woodchip using Overpass API and change the tagging by search and replace using Level0 editor. The upload of the changed data I'd do in chunks to check the data once more before upload and not to create a worldwide changeset.
This would be a one time edit.
Edits will be made from account "Mateusz Konieczny: bot account"
state before mechanical edit:
state after mechanical edit:
Changeset comment would be " changing surface=woodchip to surface=woodchips as surface=woodchip is less popular duplicate. This mechanical edit is documented at http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mechanical_Edits/Mateusz_Konieczny/surface%3Dwoodchip_to_surface%3Dwoodchips "
message via OSM I will respond also to PMs to the bot account.
- as diary entry http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Mateusz%20Konieczny/diary/35706
- mailing list OSM-talk https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2015-August/thread.html#74035
- mailing list OSM-tagging https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2015-August/thread.html#26286
- OSM wiki - http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mechanical_Edits/Mateusz_Konieczny/surface%3Dwoodchip_to_surface%3Dwoodchips