OpenTouchMap is a slippy map for mobile devices. http://www.opentouchmap.org
what it does
Well, it basically shows OpenStreetMap-Tiles. It reacts to gestures like pinch, drag or double-tab. Using the geolocation-API one can view his position. And you can search too.
how it does that
how to use it
- zoom by double-tabing or pinching (or with the + and - icons
- search by tapping on the search icon
- jump to your position with a link on the meta-view ("always on startup" selectable there)
- use url-parameters ('lat', 'lon' and 'zoom') for directly jumping to a spot:
- http://www.opentouchmap.org/?lat=52.205&lon=0.119444&zoom=14 (Cambridge)
- http://www.opentouchmap.org/?lat=53.55&lon=9.99&zoom=12 (Hamburg)
- http://www.opentouchmap.org/?marker=48.53,9.05 (one marker)
- use url-parameter 'q' for directly searching for a place:
- see also: User:Nochmaltobi#OpenTouchMap
- Map and Data © OpenStreetMap contributors (copyright page).
- Search is done by Nominatim.
- Nominatim-integration is done by the leaflet-plugin Leaflet Control OSM Geocoder.