This page needs some work...
- 1 Bug / Wish trac'er
- 2 Bezier Curves
- 3 Label Fitting
- 4 Path Sorting
- 5 Generating Localized maps
- 6 Bug with railway crossings
- 7 Bug: Oneway arrows in upper layer
- 8 Bug: Large water multipolygons cause flooding
- 9 Bug: Multipolygon forest overlays streets
- 10 Bug: Micromapped embankments are not Micromapped
- 11 Proposal: Temporary tags
- 12 Proposal: Much nicer fill colors
Bug / Wish trac'er
- Open bugs and wishes
- Important note: Login with your regular www.openstreetmap.org login details. You don't need a separate trac login account!
In OSM all roads are represented as a series of straight lines between points. To create smooth roads in the map bezier curves could be used. This is currently in discussion.
Osmarender lacks the ability to intelligently decide which street name labels to show or not. This could be improved by a pre- or post-processing step.
A pre-processor, called Frollo, is available which will sort the segments in ways and annotate the .osm file with hints that Osmarender can use to better process the data.
Generating Localized maps
A more sophisticated method, but one that does not seem to work with current versions of osmarender can be seen here.
Bug with railway crossings
Since I couldn't easily find a place to report a bug, I'll just state it here: When encountering roads which also have railway tracks on them, Osmarender apparently sticks railway crossing markers onto each node of the way. See this area for an example. --Mjr 20:57, 8 October 2008 (UTC)
Bug: Oneway arrows in upper layer
Bug: Large water multipolygons cause flooding
- As Saimaa near Kuopio is very complicated, I guess another place would be easier to test a bug fix. A simpler test case for a (similar-looking) multipolygon problem with Osmarender can be seen at http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=63.3664&lon=27.967&zoom=13&layers=B000FTF - lake Syväri (east of Varpaisjärvi) outer is divided into two polygons, i.e. two adjacent natural=water areas. Osmarender floods the tile with water. --Jkp 08:20, 3 May 2010 (UTC)
Bug: Multipolygon forest overlays streets
at the moment visible here:  A multipolygon-forest seems to overlay a street by default, therefore you cannot see a street going trough such a forest.
Bug: Micromapped embankments are not Micromapped
At the moment visible here:  An irrigation canal on a wide embankment was micromapped using the oneway tag. Osmarender is showing embankment on both sides of the embankment's border.
Proposal: Much nicer fill colors
Mapnik uses rather nice fill colors. Osmarender has a lot of catching up to do in this regard. I humbly suggest that any and all Osmarender devs please spend some quality time at the ColorBrewer "color advice for maps" website: http://colorbrewer2.org I would guess that the site authors might also be be approached about providing a bit of pro bono help considering the high importance and profile of OSM.