|Latitude: (40.442, Longitude: -80.000|
|Browse Pittsburgh map|
| External links:
|Use this template for your city|
Pittsburgh is a city in Pennsylvania at latitude 40° 26′ 31″ North, longitude 80° 0′ 0″ West.
There's been some efforts to map Carnegie Mellon University, and University of Pittsburgh e.g. adding all academic and residential building, all public greens and spaces, all paths and stairs
There some editing activity in the area these days, and quite a few users popping up on this map: Map of Pittsburgh Contributors (by centroid area of their contribution)
Maybe time for an event again! ...
There is a mailing list for Pittsburgh OSM discussion hosted by the Western Pennsylvania Linux Users Group. All are welcome to subscribe.
No current events, but if you'd like to be involved in making one happen... Go for it! Use the wiki page here to coordinate.
In the past some mapping party events were organised by User:Rw, User:RussNelson. Then we had a Nick D volunteering to be an organizer ( ndoiron AT cmu DOT edu for more information. Nick D ) ...but these days the meet-up group link isn't working: http://www.meetup.com/Pittsburgh-OpenStreetMap
- March 7-8, 2009 - Mapping party at the offices of deeplocal, Inc. on (wiki history)
- November 15-16, 2008 - Panera Bread (wiki history)
Be sure to check the licensing!
- pghbridges.com: Lots of information about local bridges
- G.M. Hopkins maps: Useful for historical information
- PA Highways: Information and history of the roadways around
- SW PA Roads: Interesting things about roads nearby
- BikePGH: A group for local bikers, with a lot of discussion about local transportation infrastructure
- MovePGH projects map: The city's plan for transportation projects for the coming years
- Pittsburgh Police zones: Maps of the areas of the zones
- Pittsburgh fire districts: Map of the Pittsburgh Fire Department zone areas
- PWSA sewer maps: Maps of sewer pipes in the city neighborhoods
- ALCOSAN sewer mapping: Allegheny County sewer system maps
- Port Authority of Pittsburgh maps: Maps for busways, bus routes, Light Rail, etc.
- Pittsburgh Parking Authority: Information about parking lots (with amounts of spaces, among other things)
- Department of Public Works information: Maps of the areas covered by each division of the DPW, and the address of the headquarters for each division
- DPW Parks Maintenance: Addresses and map of DPW parks maintenance divisions
- Historic District maps: Maps, and more info, for City of Pittsburgh historic districts
- Pittsburgh Specially Planned Districts: Parts of the city which are apportioned for planned development
- Emergency Snow Routes: Map of which streets are Emergency Snow Routes
- Refuse Collection Schedules: Maps of areas for garbage collection schedules
- Ballfield information: List and information for DPW-managed ball fields
- BikePGH bike map: A map the biking infrastructure of Pittsburgh
- Permit Parking area maps: Maps of the residential permit parking zones in the city
- PennPilot: Aerial photographs of Pennsylvania in the 20th century
- Allegheny Trail Alliance maps: Maps of the Great Allegheny Passage trail, and nearby trails
- PennDOT PDF maps: Several different types of maps of PennDOT infrastructure
- Allegheny County park maps: Maps of the county-maintained parks
- Doug Kerr's Pittsburgh photos: Many, many pictures of the roads in and around Pittsburgh
- Sanborn fire insurance maps: Historic maps (quite detailed) of Pennsylvania, including Pittsburgh
- Brookline and Pittsburgh historical facts: A wealth of information on the history of Pittsburgh and its surroundings
- Official datasets in PA: Information about some official city/county/state datasets which possibly could be used and/or imported.