Proposed features/Beer Quality
It came up at a talk by livingwithdragons.com.
- Instead of your SatNav beeping to tell you a speed camera is near, how about it beeping when you approach a pub with good beer?
amenity=pub (Nodes). Possibly other places such as restaurants.
<tag k="amenity" v="pub"/> <tag k="beer_quality" v="excellent|good|moderate|poor"/>
Probably don't need an icon. Just used by applications.
Notes and Comments
- Excellent idea! (Un)fortunately there's no internationally recognized criteria for good beer. What about beers=Guinness,Kilkenny,Budweiser,Wolters? Or even guinness=keg, kilkenny=keg, budweiser=bottle, coke=can, etc.?
- Properly used this could be really cool for a pub map of a town, showing icons of the brands all over. Fröstel 00:18, 14 November 2007 (UTC)
- I am sympathatic to this idea, but would it not be more sensible to have the tag be pub=realale, or somesuch, which is what people usually mean when they talk about the beer being good? (if you mean something different, that just shows how ambigous the tag is ;) Morwen 07:48, 15 November 2007 (UTC)
- I think we open ourselves, not only to subjectivity with "good/moderate/poor", but complaints from pub owners if their pub is classed as "poor". Richard B 13:09, 15 November 2007 (UTC)
- good/moderate/poor are subjective values indeed, and since their personal, I wouldn't like to put those on a map. It's more something for a rating website. Also, giving a list of beers is probably a bad idea. If a pub in Belgium only has 20 beers, the customers complain that it's a poor choice. And I'm not really willing to type a list of 20 elements into OSM. --Sanderd17 12:56, 6 August 2012 (BST)
- I like the idea of providing more information about pubs, but can we find more objective ways of doing it? For example,
guest_ales=3would be helpful. If I'm in an unfamiliar area I look for pubs that don't just have lager and crappy 'smoothflow' beers. Also, perhaps we could indicate whether the pub has any CAMRA awards like a 'cask mark', which would be an objective way (for us at least) to indicate beer quality (leave it to CAMRA to make the judgement). It would be like restaurants having a
michelin_stars=2tag. -- Geoff
- Scratch that, the 'cask marque' isn't a CAMRA award after all, and apparently doesn't mean much. But there are CAMRA awards like 'best pub' or whatever. --Geoff 18:09, 17 November 2007 (UTC)
Please leave comments above. When voting is open (when do we decide this?) add to the following:
- I approve this proposal. - Username/timestamp. (or disapprove)
Wiki tip: sign your name and the name with 4 tildas (e.g. ~~~).