|Data Imports||Tagging Guidelines||Users||Resources|
- Brisbane (map at Brisbane) - Yahoo-traced coverage is growing rapidly, but there are plenty of areas that need ground surveying.
- Cairns - Mapping being undertaken using Yahoo imagery.Contributors in the area welcome!
- Atherton Tablelands - Towns located and named, Kennedy Highway and main connecting roads done. Main lakes/dams and some aerodromes done. Streets and smaller roads being worked on. All contributions welcome.
- Dalby (town centre & Warrego Highway)
- Rockhampton - Work has been started on mapping Rockhampton using track logs. More contributors are welcome!
- Whitsundays - Mapping by gpsdrive track logs. Will be extended to area from Sarina to Bowen.
- Gold Coast - Gold Coast, working outwards from Miami. Using Yahoo imagery and memory. Collaboration Welcome.
- Capricorn Coast - Work has been started on mapping Yeppoon using track logs. More contributors are welcome Please!
- Sunshine Coast - main roads seem to be in. Some tracing of Yahoo imagery done.
- Mackay, Pioneer Valley & Isaac Regional Areas - Work has started on mapping based upon Yahoo imagery and Queensland Government DCDB
Yahoo! aerial imagery coverage
Originally only Brisbane and the Gold Coast had coverage, Yahoo! has expanded their coverage which includes the following areas:
State government datasets
Areas with out of data hi-res imagery
These are areas of construction on Yahoo Imagery, but you can't see any roads or buildings, the imagery seems to date about 2006
Brisbane Mapping events are held monthly, generally on the third Friday or Saturday of the month.