You can keep track of different aspects of OpenStreetMap via RSS/atom feeds.
Editing activity in the map data
- OWL (OpenStreetMap Watch List) provides RSS feed for each data 'tiles', and also allows you to set up a feed changes which touch data inside an specified bounding box.
- GPX file uploads: RSS 2.0 (note that you can get RSS for tags, people, ...)
- List of slippy map tiles which have changed recently - (see API documentation for variables)
- http://positron96.appspot.com/osmfilter.html filters out "big" edits from an RSS feed of changes to the map data in an area,
See also: Quality Assurance for further monitoring services/tools
SVN (Code development)
Trace the submissions to our source code repository
Follow all pages or pick interesting ones and click the history tab for custom RSS feed
News, Events, ...
- (en) Community Updates ( Feed)
- (de) OSM Wochennotiz und Blog
- (ru) ШТОСМ
- blogs.openstreetmap.org - aggregate of related blogs and user diaries - also available @osmblogs on twitter
- opengeodata.org - main announcements blog
- blog.osmfoundation.org - foundation announcements blog
- openstreetmap.org/diary/ - User diaries
- To see user diaries by region, go to http://pipes.yahoo.com/robla/openstreetmappnw.
- Current Events iCal feed (mainpage Current events)
- upcoming.org events ('openstreetmap' tag)
- Google Alerts feed if somewhere in the web anybody writes 'Openstreetmap'
See also: Mailing Lists on this wiki
Examples of how to get an RSS feed of the OpenStreetMap Forum:
You can find the fid by scrolling with the mouse over the forum and you just copy the id of the link.
Munin is creating realtime server stats graphs linked off the Servers page.
- graphs server load here