State Of The Map 2011/Bid/Addis Ababa
This page is a draft.
Please make it better by adding your points.
Maybe Bandira AddisMap Team, but still more people needed!
Short impression how the State of the Map 2011 would look like
Evening events could be:
Information about the city
How to get there:
- Bole International Airport
Where to stay:
There is plenty accommodation in the city, ranging from low local-standard hotels (4 EUR +) to luxury hotels.
Why Addis Ababa ?
- Make the SOTM in Africa: Give mappers from developing countries a chance to attend.
- Addis Ababa is a well established conference location.
- Its the HQ of the African Union
- Its quite well mapped.
- Addis Ababa is "The Capital of Africa".
- Walking (!) Distance from Bole International Airport
- Space for Thousands of People
- Probably to big