TMC/TMC Import Germany/Areas
Importing TMC Areas
- please add your name to the following table (click the "edit section"-link. Do NOT open the whole page. It's too big.)
- then download the linked OSM-data
- open the downloaded OSM-data in another layer in JOSM
- manually add the appropriate tags (at least the locationcode itself) from the downloaded OSM-data to the relation/polygon/multipolygon describing the given area
Tagging Schema for TMC:Area
Areas in TMC location codes are not chained and can thus be handled by tagging an existing area or creating a new one (if the area does not yet exist).
TMC knows multiple types of areas. Not all of them are political. There are also meteorological areas that may be affected by a weather phenomena, tourist areas, car parks, general traffic areas like crossings of many roads, lakes, or large metropolitan areas spanning multiple cities.
TMC areas need only have a TMC:cid_CID:tabcd_TABCD:LocationCode. That is all that is required.
- CID is the country ID, for Germany that is always 58
- TABCD is the table ID in case there are multiple tables per country. For Germany that is always 1.
Areas to import
- TMC/TMC Import Germany/Areas1
- TMC/TMC Import Germany/Areas2
- TMC/TMC Import Germany/Areas3
- TMC/TMC Import Germany/OtherAreas (non-administrative areas)