|amenity = device_charging_station|
|A designated place for charging a mobile device.|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
A designated place for charging a mobile device. A designated place typically features a sign, perhaps a table for devices to sit, and potentially mobile specific connectors. This is distinct from a vehicle charging station, which operates at a different scale, and from electrical power outlets not specifically designated for mobile device charging.
How to map?
Simply add the tag amenity=device_charging_station to a node where the device charging station is.
- fee=yes/no (Yes if some or all customers have to pay a fee for using the station.)
- capacity=* (The number of devices which can be charged at the same time. The total number of sockets can be higher.)
- lockable=* - station offers lockable compartment, so the device may be left unattended
- amperage=* (The maximum current rating.)
- access=* - tag public for stations anyone can walk up to and use, permissive for stations with no apparent enforcement of access rules, and destination/customers for stations available only to paid users of the enclosing facility.
- socket:nema_5_15=yes - Three prong wall plug, North American style.
- socket:device:USB-A=yes - USB type A (the common rectangular socket found on chargers, desktops and laptops). With this style you must bring your own cable.
- socket:device:Micro-B=yes - A plug compatible with most Android based mobile phones.
- socket:device:Lightning=yes - A plug compatible with Apple iPhone 5 and above.