From OpenStreetMap Wiki
|site_type = bigstone|
|Natural stones that have been treated by humans|
|Rendering in openstreetmap-carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
Natural stones that have been treated by humans so that they are archaeologically classified.
How to Map
Set a node and tag it with
Tags to use in combination
- wikipedia=* - a link to Wikipedia's article about the feature
- wikidata=* - an ID of the specific Wikidata item about the feature (if any)
- historic:civilization=* (or more precise subtags) - the civilization (culture) that originally created the feature
- moved=yes - if the stone is not on his original location.
- tourism=attraction - if it is a tourist attraction.
- heritage=* - if it is registered by an official heritage organisation.
- megalith_type=menhir - large upright standing stone
- historic=stone - A stone shaped or placed by man with historical value.
- historic=milestone - A historic marker that shows the distance to important destinations
- historic=boundary stone - A physical marker that identifies a boundary
- natural=stone - large natural boulder