Featured image proposals
Welcome to Featured image proposals.
Great photos of OpenStreetMap community, maps, or artwork posted here stand a good chance of being made Featured images, giving your picture a week of infamy on the main page of the OpenStreetMap Wiki, plus eternal fame in the archives.
- Image sources / places that might contain interesting OSM stuff:
- Dates to be taken note of when choosing a featured image
- Template:Calendar - Upcoming events that might call for an image
- Parked image proposals. Proposals which didn't go anywhere (but may still be rescued back onto this page)
Global Noise Pollution Map
Visualization of noise pollution for the entire world based on top of OSM data. Link: http://lukasmartinelli.ch/gis/2016/04/03/openstreetmap-noise-pollution-map.html Wille (talk)----
Saw a screenshot image of this on twitter: http://blog.alb42.de/programs/mapparium/ No better than any other software screenshot, but we should do more software screenshots really. We can spin a positive caption about this because it's a prime example of OSM data reaching exotic tech platforms!
Another OSM Laser cutting
Another intresting laser image https://twitter.com/_ynunokawa/status/754992929890906112
...or are we bored of those now? :-)
- Well no ... I think we'd all like more lasers. :-)
- I don't know anything about this though, so hoping @_ynunokawa can A) give us permission to release this photo CC-BY-SA2.0 on this wiki and B) tell us a bit more about what and where this is. Ideally a link to a blog post or something with more information
- (sent a note pointing him here)
- -- Harry Wood (talk) 11:46, 7 October 2016 (UTC)
Indoor mapping presented at WhereCamp Berlin
Apparently indoor mapping was a big topic and WhereCamp Berlin recently. Simon Poole was suggesting looking for an image from that. Anyone got a specific image to suggest?
I spotted this nice animated image https://twitter.com/tbsprs/status/794979018038710272 So I (or someone) could chase the licensing on that
MapSwipe to Tasking Manager process
I uploaded this one to the wiki:
- Got the CCBYSA2.0 permission on that.
- Caption: "Many people have been classifying imagery in a new super-simple micro-tasking app called MapSwipe. This image illustrates a process developed by DisasterMappers Heidelberg for taking MapSwipe results (left) and setting up a Task Manager project to map the settlements (right)"
- I'm going to schedule for next week so that this caption is available for translation in advance for a change, but please keep image proposals coming. We'd like to have queue of them!
- -- Harry Wood (talk) 11:34, 24 November 2016 (UTC)
Could probably have a photo from State of the Map Latam 2016 last weekend.
I think it a write-up blog post would be even better, or we could even do both. [Side note: hmm we never had a write-up blog post on the main blog about the main SOTM]