Is the update paused via the licence change? I do not see any updates since a few days... (checked at http://www.itoworld.com/map/69#fullscreen&lat=50.78886620364786&lon=6.0584889727992&zoom=15). Thanks a lot! --Zuse 13:59, 15 April 2012 (BST)
- Yes. Apologies about that, but we are indeed waiting for the planet files to be produced again. Our systems run from the weekly planet combined with the daily diff. These stopped on 1 April. The last news from the Foundation was on 5 April. PeterIto 22:23, 15 April 2012 (BST)
- Sounds sensible, we will check tomorrow and report back. As you can understand, we had been expecting the switch to have been a lot faster and to have not necessitated any changes. PeterIto 21:00, 16 April 2012 (BST)
Just to say that we have looked that the redaction folder. The structure is different from the normal one, and there is this text on the main page:
"This directory, and those under it, contain data from the redaction period between the last CC-BY-SA planet and the first ODbL licensed planet. The primary purpose of this period is to remove all the data which cannot be re-licensed under ODbL. The volume of data may be very high, and consist largely of deletions. Therefore, you may want to choose not to consume this data, and wait for the first ODbL planet instead."
As such, it seems better to wait. Feel free to ask questions of the Foundation or on talk_dev re progress. We are posting a question on dev today as well.
-- PeterIto 15:20, 17 April 2012 (BST)
Change to icons
What's with replacing the icons with letters? While I can just about remember 'h' for the key, 'c' for maxsize seems a bit obscure, for example. Any chance of changing back to icons sometime? --tms13 (talk) 12:53, 18 March 2013 (UTC)
- Which browser and OS are you using? The browser should be loading a custom font with the icons. Smsm1 (talk) 17:18, 18 March 2013 (UTC)
- One of the browsers I use is Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:10.0.12) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.12 Iceweasel/10.0.12; the other is Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686 on x86_64; rv:10.0.12) Gecko/20130104 Firefox/10.0.12. --tms13 (talk) 08:52, 19 March 2013 (UTC)
- Finally managed it - there's a lot of jumping through hoops for this, but it may be useful for anyone else who prefers the icons to the unhelpful letters: As well as the above, under "Advanced Settings > Browser > Websites", one needs to select "Download fonts embedded in the website" and one also needs to tell NoScript to allow Font@www.itoworld.com, and then there's icons instead of letters. It does seem quite a lot to ask of a casual user, and it does make a lot of other sites look like shit :( So much so, that I think I'll just stick with the letters (if you choose more intuitive letters, that would make me a bit happier!) --tms13 (talk) 10:09, 19 March 2013 (UTC)
And some happier feedback - I do like the recent change that makes each map update the browser's current URL as I move around, rather than storing position and zoom in a cookie that's shared between all tabs. That's much better when reloading a saved session for instance - so much kudos and thanks! (and a request to have 'fullscreen' stored too) :-) --tms13 (talk) 17:10, 19 March 2013 (UTC)
- It's great to hear you link the changes. The full screen is now stored in the url too. Smsm1 (talk) 08:51, 30 April 2013 (UTC)
All roads lead to...
There's currently a problem with rendering of ways: http://www.itoworld.com/map/178?lon=0.03085&lat=0.02809&zoom=10 I'm guessing that the nodes and ways are out of sync, and missing nodes are being positioned at lat=0,lon=0. I'm also guessing that you're aware of the problem, but I mention it here just in case. tms13 (talk) 10:20, 4 April 2013 (UTC)
Using the Generated Layers in other editors
Hi, could some indformation be added on how to make use of the ITO layers in other media?
I noticed that the edits I did last Sunday are still not shown in the ITO map. In this article the following is said about update speed: "The map data is normally updated daily by about 1700UTC for the previous day." and "On occasions, an update fails and is missed". Are there multiple update failures in a row or is there another problem?
- We did have some issues with the map updates which should now be resolved, with updates every few days. Smsm1 (talk) 11:28, 7 April 2015 (UTC)
Updates seem to have stopped again (for more than a week). Maps that have actually updated seem to be working with old data - the edits- last 7 days map shows nothing newer than 6 days when it was made --tms13 (talk) 07:25, 19 June 2015 (UTC)
Transport construction map
Also, what tagging is used for "Road to be removed"? I tried proposed:highway=abandoned but that's interpreted just as "change of classification". The tag page for proposed=* doesn't say anything about road removals.
- For a change in the classification, the proposed:* or construction:* syntax needs to be used. Anything that is new, is highway=proposed/construction etc.
- Roads to be removed should be added as proposed:highway=no or construction:highway=no.
- Thanks - I'll update the tagging tonight. I wish I'd thought of "no" as the value - I may edit the tag page for when I forget. ;-)