Discuss NoName page here
no updating as of API0.6
The NoName layer doesn't seem to be updating as of API 0.6. Is this the case? Is it broken? Daveemtb 13:00, 24 April 2009 (UTC)
- It's not broken, but we (CloudMade) haven't pulled in a new planet dump since API0.6 yet. With our current processes it only gets updated weekly at the most (and may not have any post-0.6 changes until next week) For NoNames map which is updated every minute see Matt's minutely updated NoNames map -- Harry Wood 14:25, 24 April 2009 (UTC)
- Still no post-0.6 updates, is this because Cloudmade still hasn't used a new planet dump? The minutely one doesn't work on my work computer, and having a really out of date layer on the front page isn't really ideal. Thanks, Daveemtb 13:55, 7 May 2009 (UTC)
- Yes. We still haven't use a new planet dump. Some problems feeding it through our toolchain (it needs to update various systems, no just the NoNames renderer) Should be resolved shortly though. I wonder what the problem is at your work computer. Which browser are you using? -- Harry Wood 14:17, 7 May 2009 (UTC)
- Any news on when this layer might start doing minutely updates again? It would really help me with getting the last remaining missing road names in my town. Daveemtb 09:36, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
- User:Matt is ultra busy at the moment, but he's going to fix it when he gets chance. Hopefully the main NoNames layer (along with all CloudMade's other tile serving) is updating on a weekly schedule again now. So in fact Matt's minutely tile server is currently a few weeks older than the weekly tile server.
- Are you JOSM user? In the days before NoNames layer, I always used to use the JOSM search feature to search for the word 'name'. Anything which doesn't get highlighted, doesn't have a name yet.
- -- Harry Wood 10:12, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks for the update Harry, the thing I really want it for is an up-to-date nonames layer for OSM Tracker, so that I can efficiently pick up the missing names when out and about. At the moment I'm having to use the weekly one, but as I've added a lot of names in the last week, it isn't nearly so much use. Daveemtb 13:51, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
- I've just noticed that this week's update seems to be from last week's planet, not this week's planet. There are changes that I made by Monday (at the latest) that have not shown up, although there are other changes made approximately a week ago which have just shown up for the first time. It seems the render colours have changes slightly, so it is possible to tell whether tiles have updated or not. Something odd's going on. Daveemtb 14:55, 11 June 2009 (UTC)
Why aren't highway=road ways rendered on the NoName layer? Is this something waiting to be implemented or is there a reason? I imagine that it would be useful, as lots of people use the NoName layer to look what work needs doing in an area. Daveemtb 13:00, 24 April 2009 (UTC)
- highway=road made it through the tag approval process and was added to the OpenStreetMap default Mapnik layer, but it's not actually universally accepted as a good idea. We've been having a debate in the CloudMade office about it. Personally I'm in two minds about it. We might decide to render it, but we're busy with other things too -- Harry Wood 14:29, 24 April 2009 (UTC)
- maybe highway=road could be highlighted in a different colour, to show that attention is needed? Daveemtb 16:42, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
Still updating weekly?
I did some naming work in Walderslade on 7 March, but roads I named then are still showing red in the Noname layer. Is the layer still updated every Thursday from the previous day's planet dump, as stated in this article? Sdoerr 12:54, 16 March 2010 (UTC)