--User:David.earl 11 Oct 2006
Nice icon, but I don't like man_made, it's far too generic. building=windmill would be far better, or poi=windmill (place of interest). Matthew Newton 02:26, 14 November 2006 (UTC)
- Anywhere could be a place of interest if windmill is. Windmills may be in use, or residential there not just POI's. All windminds are man_made, so it would seem approprate. I'm unclear on this, but is there not a handfull of quite different types of windmill that this tag would not establlish the differences of, or are the differences minor and irrelevent?Ben. 04:26 23 Decemeber 2006 (UTC)
- there isn't a category 'building' - doesn't seem much point in adding one just for this. Other buildings seem to be going under a variety of tags e.g tourism=hotel, amenity=cinema etc.
I strongly agree with the proposal, it's very important to discern between the 'old historic windmills' like these, and the contemporary wind turbines (power_wind). User:Tadswana 12:26 15 October 2007 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. User:David.earl 12.40, 19 December 2006 (UTC). ditto.
- I approve this proposal. --Batchoy 14:16, 19 December 2006 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. MikeCollinson 02:17, 20 December 2006 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. Ben. 04:26 23 Decemeber 2006 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. User:Tadswana 12:26 15 October 2007 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. Phillip@comsomol.org 11:49, 17 October 2007 (BST)
disused doesn't make sense for a historic building
Windmills are p.d. historic. All windmills "in use" are just for demonstration reasons on certain occasions, not regulary. It would be rather interesting if there is access to the building, or if it is part of an museum or exhibition.
Please add a corresponding entry for the search engine (Nominatim) ttp://translatewiki.net/wiki/Osm:Geocoder.search_osm_nominatim.prefix.man_made.windmill I guess.