Talk:WikiProject Import WDB
The script constructs long ways without any tags, the precise tagging schema for national boundaries is yet to be finalized.
- Is there any discussion or proposal around, where one can take a look at ? - sege 15:13, 24. October 2007 (CEST)
The perl script should add this already into the osm file, but preferably as a separate tag, so that source tag is identical for all such borders. --Stefanb 07:53, 26 October 2007 (BST)-- done Hakan 14:23, 26 October 2007 (BST)
- current tag <tag k="wdb:source" v="CIA World database II - europe-bdy.txt - segment 1" /> should be split into identical source tags for all segments and import_ref="europe-bdy.txt - segment 1" --Stefanb 08:56, 27 October 2007 (BST)
To make segmeents reasonable i had to modify them a bit:
- I had to split segment 17 (Slovenia towards Austria and Hungary)
- Joined short 18, 19 and short western part of 17
This breaks the current source tagging scheme. --Stefanb 08:54, 27 October 2007 (BST)
conflicting imports from other sources
Good idea to import this data?
Is it really a good idea to import this data? At least for the places in sweden where data has been imported the result is perhaps not useless but very very incorrect. User:Per has created a script to trace lakes from landsat images, which results in much better results. I think that is a much better thing to use. Karlskoging1 16:40, 18 November 2007 (UTC)
- Well, it is better than having nothing in the map, especially for land borders there the lakewalker won't do you much good. Hakan 12:29, 20 November 2007 (UTC)
Recommendations for after import editing?
After data has been imported it does need editing. What should be done to the tags set by the import script? Karlskoging1 16:40, 18 November 2007 (UTC)
- Please leave the source tags added by the script, so an automatic relation builder script can identify what belongs together. You can always add your own tags like "fixed_up_by=<your_user_name>" or something like that. Hakan 12:31, 20 November 2007 (UTC)
how to uplaod boundaries?
I made a zipfile with the borders of laos in OSM Format. But I don't know how to upload the File. Here the zip file: http://lamp2.fh-stpoelten.ac.at/~lbz/laosBorder.zip
- Just open it with JOSM and upload it ;) --Skywave 21:44, 22 November 2007 (UTC)