United Kingdom bridge heights
This diary entry explains a methodology for finding railway bridge heights from open street-level imagery.
If you've systematically reviewed a railway or canal for bridge heights, add it here so that others don't duplicate your work.
Open question: Should we add something like maxheight=none for situations where roads go under bridges so tall that no clearance needs to be stipulated, and also to show that such places have been surveyed and no action needs taking? Example under a viaduct. This makes the way appear green (valid) on the OSM Truck QA Map.
- Cotswold Line (Oxford-Worcester) - checked/mapped by Richard
- Malvern Line (Worcester-Hereford) - checked/mapped by Richard, some bridges around Shrub Hill station need surveying
- Penistone Line (Barnsley-Huddersfield) - checked/mapped by Paul Berry
- Arun Valley Line (Three Bridges - Arundel) - checked/mapped by Matt, Gay Street Lane bridge needs to be surveyed
- Stoke to Derby/Trent junction - checked by Richard, bridges in Stoke need survey