Hello, my name is Ivan Garcia and I am a Computer Scientist, specialized in Python, Free Software advocate and hacktivist, I love #OpenData too. Currently living in Spain, but tomorrow I could be anywhere else.
I discovered OSM around 2010 due to a routing project for handicaps in Spain and since then I felt in love with the project and spirit.
I mainly map using JOSM, I add the POIs that I collect when I travel(mainly in many countries in Asia), I joined some mapathons, contribut to HOT after some disasters occurs.
2016: Helped creating boundaries for Laos, Iran, Fiji and Surabaya and created script to automate the process from SHP boundaries.
Created an opensource tool to transform from SHP files to automatically constructed boundary relations for multiple levels.
- Many POIs from my travel in Spain,India, Myanmar, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Cambodia,Vietnam,Laos,Malaysia,Dubai, Indonesia, etc...
- 200 natura=cave_entrance of Valencia region added into OSM ( conserving the official tags of the IGN ministry)
- Bangkok mapping party April 2012
- OSM Conference in BarCamp Valencia, Spain 2010
- Mapping parties in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh city
- Mapping lots of strets in Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam. 2010
Feel free to contact me for any doubt at capiscuas __ AT __ gmail __ DOT or through this wiki.