I started out mapping the A73 motorway but after the AND import this was not required anymore. So I switched to all the old tracks I have stored. As I have a GPS since 2003 and usually always took it along everywhere I went, this is quite a lot. I'm still not finished with it. As I'm mapping my tracks, I also try to massage some of the ways that cross my path.
I'm also updating the town where I live. AND data is only on street level so a lot of features are missing (forest roads, streams, various amenities) and there are also new building developments.
Areas that I've mapped:
- Helden, new building development "Schrames" (work in progress).
- Helden, various map features that were not in the AND map, like this park with foot- and cycleways.
- Novosibirsk, some roads, part of the tramline, Akademgorodok.
- Venray, changing layout of industrial area.
- Various changes in road layout, here, here, here, here
- Kosovo iMMAP Import
- Garmin eTrex Legend, already aging because it does not always display properly.
- Adapt AD-850
- Mobile Action iGot-U GT-600
- Garmin Nüvi 205
I take my photos with a Canon Powershot A710i.
Asus EeePC 901. Coupled with the Adapt AD-850 it is a great small mobile platform.