Years ago, Russian names were bulk-imported to Israel, but some values have Latin, rather than Cyrillic letters. This script will fix this, as well as some other minor issues with Russian names.
- Script wiki page: You are here.
- Script discussion: Forum thread | Script Talk Page
- Source code: https://github.com/SafwatHalaby/osm-bot/blob/master/replace.js
This script is part of SafwatHalaby_bot. (Click for contact details, opt-out, other scripts, bot overview, etc.).
With courtesy of @SafwatHalaby I prepare data for countrywide fix of Russian street names translated in bulk edit some years ago. That translation use Latin letters in Cyrillic names and have other small problems. I going to:
- replace Latin letters to Cyrillic ones where needed (usually Xa prefix) and some untranslated name parts
- Glue Xa part with rest of the word
- clean up minor other glitches- (in the next batches) fix wrong translations
For each POI:
- if name:ru exactly matches one of the names in the table, change it to its new value.
Each changeset uses a different table to replace matches. The table is shown in the changeset comment.
- #50182253 - 10/07/2017 - 53 changes: Russian import name fixes, part 3.
- #49673764 - 19/06/2017 - 411 changes: Russian import name fixes, part 2.
- #49295375 - 06/06/2017 - 1098 changes: Russian import name fixes.