Thank you for translating
Hi Popolon, thank you for translating Template:Iotw text/2013-25 to French! I have fixed a minor syntax bit (
| fr = instead of
| fr|), now it appears on FR:Page principale and on File:HOT Haiti Limonade Severin Workshop.jpg. Similar here. You need to take care, otherwise the translations break. :-( Thank you also for this translation (and the many others)! --Aseerel4c26 (talk) 22:47, 17 June 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks too for the help about erroneous symbols in french translation. There is no page for jul-sep 2013 for now ? Popolon (talk) 19:47, 3 July 2013 (UTC)
Once more (a "[" was missing and breaking the link). :-) By the way, the pages which include the text take some time to refresh. You can speed up by appending "?action=purge" to the URL ( e.g. http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Dal_gps_alla_montagna.jpeg?action=purge ). Merci for translating! --Aseerel4c26 (talk) 02:36, 7 August 2013 (UTC)
- That's really hard to see the text under the picture in french. If I'm not connected and I choose on the main page french, this is still displayed in english. If I connect have english in my settings and choose french in this page, the english is still displayed. To see french text, I need to be connected, with french default language in prefs and click on french on the main page.
- The same way, if I use french language as defaut, the option for changing or adding language doesn't works, there is still a link on a separate page, like about one year ago. So it's alread pretty hard to debug translation. Add the need to purge the page, and it break head ;). Popolon (talk) 17:49, 13 August 2013 (UTC)
- Hmm, if you do not see the French text on the French main page then it is a cache problem. Either on the server (purge!) or in your browser (ctrl+F5).
- Could you please explain what you mean by "option for changing or adding language doesn't work"? Which text? Which link?
- To debug while writing a translation, this is what I do: write your text below all the other texts (after }}). Then you can use the preview. When you are finished, then cut your new text and insert it above at the correct place. Use the "show differences" button (beneath the preview button) to make sure that you did not forget text below, save. You can reply here, I will see it. --Aseerel4c26 (talk) 18:43, 13 August 2013 (UTC)