Hello, as you're part of the Wiki team you should be interested: I think that translation on this wiki would use some improvement and I've proposed a new system at Talk:Wiki Translation#Translate extension. I hope you can provide some feedback and thoughts (and help if we decide to go that way). Thanks, Nemo 10:38, 16 August 2012 (BST)
- I fear nevertheless I'm the wrong person to be adressed regarding testing new systems. I'm just a simple "user" and as somebody else said he/she is a "Code-Noob" I could also say so. By now I am translating without system just according to knowledge of english and using "LEO" sometimes regarding special wordings. In former days I tried to use "Babelfish" for translationg documents chapter or paragraf by chapter or paragraf but I was not satisfied regarding the quality (too much rework afterwords). If the translate extention can do a good job it would be fine having lots of pages similarly translated. At the moment I don't have the energy of installing sth I don't understand and not the energy of trying to understand the documentation to it .... But if we will go that way I will probably support it if after having seen some examples and having a bit more time and energy to understand how it works as this belongs to the things which are "not my world" (i.e in winter time). --Rennhenn 14:24, 26 August 2012 (BST)
Löschung eines Abschnitts von DE_talk:How_to_map
Den folgenden Abschnitt habe ich gelöscht, weil er Benutzersupport war https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=DE_talk:How_to_map_a&diff=1178376:
Off-Topic: identifiable users without user-page ?
From time to time I found in version pages or talk pages links to non-existing userpages. I assumed that those users had been part of the OSM-WIKI-community and left it and hat their user-page deleted. Now I find more and more those non-existing userpages. Here I found the latest one - maybe someone can tell me how someone can contribute with identification without being identifiable (without user-page)? Some examples:
- Walterschloegl in here on the main page on 17:36, 24. Nov. 2012: DE:How_to_map_a (History)
- Viking81 14:20, 16 September 2012 (BST) in Talk:Proposed features/Stable
(In such cases it is not possible to get into contact with the contributors if necessary.)
--Rennhenn 09:48, 25 November 2012 (UTC)
- As soon as you register a wiki account, you can edit the wiki and edits will be associated with that account. But a user page only exists if the user chooses to manually create it (which is optional). So these users probably just didn't see a reason to create a user page for themselves.
- There are several options to contact users who don't have a user page:
- E-Mail, if they have set an address for that purpose in their user preferences (see the entry "Tools"/"Werkzeuge" in the navigation column on the left when you are on the nonexistent user page)
- The talk page associated with the user page (you can add a comment to a talk page even if the main page does not exist, as far as I know). The user will be notified about your comment when they log in for the next time.
- If all else fails, you can check whether an OSM user with the same name exists. Mappers will often use the same name in both OSM and the OSM wiki.
- --Tordanik 19:07, 25 November 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks - I could use the first advice already twice (and successfully). --Rennhenn (talk) 07:04, 23 June 2013 (UTC)