User talk:Thomas Wood
- Yes, didn't merge properly. --Edgemaster 22:31, 1 January 2008 (UTC)
AFAIK the wiki has been migrated recently. Is it now running on a more powerful infrastructure? Would it now be possible to install the Semantic MediaWiki extension?
Regards Gubaer 10:46, 21 February 2010 (UTC)
in addition to Semantic MediaWiki we also need Semantic Forms, mainly for two additional parser functions. I can't install it myself, can I? Could you install the package?
Thank, Gubaer 16:49, 11 January 2009 (UTC)
yet another extension we would need. Could you install this one too?
Appreciate your help Karl
Hi Thomas, I'd like to start a discussion on whether and how we could adopt Semantic MediaWiki for gardening map features, the discussion is here. I think the concept is now pretty stable and we have a working prototype on your dev snapshot Do you know about other wiki gardeners or sysops we should get in touch with in order to push this forward? Gubaer 08:50, 20 January 2009 (UTC)
and you should have email --firefishy 23:29, 23 July 2009 (UTC)
Hi Thomas, I started the project FOSSGIS/Server/Projects/Sandbox to make a sandbox who everywhere can test and learn - espacially newbies. Now I heard from User:Amm, that a sandbox already exist, but without rendering. I think its a better base to build a sandbox, if the datas are not necessary. Because I'm planning to erase datas after few time (24-48 hours). What do you think, is it all possible? Greetings, --ChristianKnorr 09:31, 6 April 2010 (UTC)
- So far the sandboxes I run have been used for software testing purposes for API client and editor developers. However, it has always been my intention to also use one (api06.dev.openstreetmap.org) as a free-for all as well, with fairly live rendering, so that it could be used for newbies to play against.
- This also ties in with a long term wish by myself to set up a mapnik development environment on dev, so that we can host multiple sets of tiles there for various custom rendering projects. Of course, none of this has happened yet due to lack of time on my part, but it is still on my todo list. --Thomas Wood 09:45, 6 April 2010 (UTC)
- Fine . What do you need, apart from time? I would like to help. --ChristianKnorr 10:01, 6 April 2010 (UTC)
- I pretty much have all I need, I have root access to the OSM dev server, I have the skills required to set up differential osm2pgsql updates and mod_tile with mapnik... It is just the time, which is a big shame. (I have exams coming soon, so really need to start revising for them). I will try and get it done as soon after them as possible. --Thomas Wood 23:09, 6 April 2010 (UTC)