This is the wikipage for the osm course.
- Name, and when you have time.
- User:H4ck3rm1k3 Every Day, 9-20h CET GMT+1
- User:JanetVaughn Janet Vaughn Evenings during week, 18:00 to 24:00 PDT (GMT -0700) any time on the weekend
- user:BeeGeeS Besfort Guri, Every day, 10 - 22h UTC+01:00
Get an Account on the OSM wiki 
see the help page for more info Wiki Help
Create your user page like mine User:H4ck3rm1k3 add in a link to your osm account name as well.
you will need an OSM account so sign up here : http://www.openstreetmap.org/
Be sure to read the Beginners'_Guide
see the wikipage JOSM
get the latest version of http://josm.openstreetmap.de/ get the plugins : wms, validator, slippymaps running.
Please get an account on : http://warper.geothings.net/
- upload a picture that you are allowed to use
- rectify : add at least three points to both the picture and the osm map that are the same.
- export to josm and load it as a wms layer
with the pdf2ppm command you can convert pdfs at a given resolution to png files for usage try the command
pdftoppm --help pdftoppm version 0.12.0 Usage: pdftoppm [options] [PDF-file [PPM-file-prefix]] -r <fp> : resolution, in DPI (default is 150) -png : generate a PNG file
see the manpage, http://linux.die.net/man/1/pdftoppm
pdftoppm -r 300 -png somepdffile outputfile
there are two versions of pdftoppm
- one from xpdf (old [www.foolabs.com/xpdf/]) this does not support png output.
- and on from poppler-utils  we need this one.
get onto irc, using xchat etc.
We have a channel #flossk on irc.freenode.net, there you can talk with flosskies and supporters from around the world. There are other channels for other projects as well. If you have a problem and cannot find an answer, irc is a great way to get help.
There are a few irc clients xchat, pidgin ,mirc for windows.
You can also use the http://webchat.freenode.net to chat. Pick a nickname that is unique, and login to the #flossk channel.
Remember, IRC is not a telephone, please remember these simple rules.
- Don’t ask if you can ask a question, just ask the question.
- Don’t paste large text into chat, use a blogpost, a bug report or http://pastebin.org/
- Don’t just come to the room, say ask a question,get frustrated and leave, please wait for people to respond. Some times it will take 10 minutes or an hour before someone responds.
- Have fun!
We will use example data from prizren http://www.archive.org/details/Prizren_City_Data