WikiProject Power networks
This is a project to map and document all power facilities on the planet. This could be power lines, tower and substations. But also gas or oil lines.
If you are a power user, why not join the category:power user
- Detailed article about Power_lines and Power_substations
- Proposal in progress : transmission and routing
- WikiProject Power networks/HVDC-Scheme
|power||plant||A place/industrial facility where power is generated. Individual generating units within the facility should be tagged as power=generator.|
|power||cable||A way following the path of underground cables, such as the local 0.4 kV network between transformer stations, distribution boxes and cable connection points, or sea cables. Not to be confused with non-power supply cables such as cables for telecommunication. May be combined with voltage=*, circuits=* and location=*.|
|power||compensator||Several kind of power devices used to insure of power quality and network resilience.|
|power||converter||An HVDC converter converts electric power from high voltage alternating current (AC) to high-voltage direct current (HVDC), or vice-versa.|
|power||generator||A device used to convert power from one form to another. Use in combination with generator:source=*, generator:method=* and generator:output=*.||Depends on generator type|
|power||heliostat||A mirror of a heliostat device.|
|power||insulator||A device to protect a power line from grounding on supports|
|power||line||A way following the path of (overground) power cables. For minor power lines with poles and not towers, you may want to use power=minor_line. Useful combinations: voltage=*, cables=* and wires=*. Please see the respective feature pages for details.|
|power||minor_line||A way following the path of (overground) minor power cables, supported by poles and not towers/pylons. (This isn't quite so simple, as sometimes larger towers are replaced by smaller poles made with a stronger material; a better distinction might be based on voltage).|
|power||pole||For single (often wooden or concrete) poles carrying medium/low voltage electricity cables.|
|power||portal||Power supporting structure composed of vertical legs with cables between them attached to a horizontal crossarm|
|power||catenary_mast||A catenary mast supports system of overhead wires used to supply electricity to electricaly powered vehicle equipped with a pantograph.|
|power||substation||A tag for electricity substations. These provide voltage step-up/step-down, switching, conditioning, etc. Substations may be large facilities (up to several acres) for very high voltage transmission lines or just small buildings or kiosks near the street for low voltage distribution lines. Useful combinations: voltage=*, substation=* and location=*, see the feature page for details.|
|power||switch||A tag for electricity switches which are devices which allow operators to power up & down lines and transformer in substations or outside.|
|power||terminal||Point of connection between overhead power lines to buildings or walls|
|power||tower||For towers or pylons carrying high voltage electricity cables. Normally constructed from steel latticework but tubular or solid pylons are also commonly used. Should not be used for medium or low voltage electricity conductors carried on single wooden poles which might be tagged power=pole. See power=tower for detailed tagging of tower types.|
|power||transformer||A static device for transferring electric energy by inductive coupling between its windings. Large power transformers are typically located inside substations.|
|power||User Defined||All commonly used values according to Taginfo|
This table is a wiki template with a default description in English. Editable here.
- WikiProject Power networks/Austria
- WikiProject Power networks/Czech Republic
- WikiProject Power networks/Denmark
- WikiProject Power networks/France
- WikiProject Power networks/Germany
- WikiProject Power networks/Italy
- WikiProject Power networks/Moldova
- WikiProject Power networks/Netherlands
- WikiProject Power networks/Philippines
- WikiProject Power networks/South Africa
- WikiProject Power networks/Switzerland
- WikiProject Power networks/United Kingdom
- WikiProject Power networks/United States
- WikiProject Power networks/HVDC Volgograd–Donbass
- Power generation refinement proposal.
- substation refinement proposal.
- Power transmission refinement proposal.
- Power routing proposal.
Oil and gas power
- man_made=pipeline "Here is a pipeline"
- location=* underground|underwater|overground (optional)
- type=value This can be <water|oil|gas|sewage|any substance> (optional)
- operator=name <name of the company operating the pipeline> (optional)
- Germany: Gasnetzkarte
|Abkürzung||Name der Pipeline||Marker von - Marker bis||osm data||Kommentar|
|RRB||[ Rohrleitung Rostock Böhlen]||690-692||Quellen: |
- oil=station a oil pumping / transport station
- gas=station a gas pumping / transport station
- gas=substation a little station (for maintenance / inserting pigs)
- Pipeline extension proposal.