Automated edits/Bryce C Nesbitt
- 1 PROPOSED -- pitlatrine -- July 2016
- 2 PROPOSED -- amenity=ev_charging
- 3 PROPOSED -- waterway=water_point
- 4 DONE - Retag recycling:excrement
- 5 DONE -- Sanitary Station Retagging
- 6 DONE - fixme=set␣better␣denotation and denotation=cluster
- 7 WITHDRAWN - migrate from type=xxxx to "leaf_type=/leaf_cycle="
- 8 DISCUSS - fixme=stream␣attibutes␣missing and stream=fixme
- 9 DONE - fixme=type_of_palm
- 10 DISCUSS Ranger Stations
- 11 ACTIVE Toilets
PROPOSED -- pitlatrine -- July 2016
Proposal to edit 200 some uses of pitlatrine=yes to the better supported toilets:disposal=pitlatrine syntax. See http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/pitlatrine . The semantic meaning of the tags appear identical.
PROPOSED -- amenity=ev_charging
- And the use of subtags to describe what can be charged ?
PROPOSED -- waterway=water_point
Tag waterway=water_point was misdescribed in the wiki. A mechanical edit was reverted. Here I propose to review each one in context, and move most of them to amenity=water_point, if it's clear they serve motorhome users. Brycenesbitt (talk) 06:37, 26 April 2015 (UTC)
DONE - Retag recycling:excrement
Proposed retag of recycling:excrement. I will load all 55 nodes into JOSM, and divide them into four categories (1) dog waste bins, (2) marine pumpout stations, (3) motorhome sanitary dump stations, (4) recycling centers with recycling:excrement=no. Each will be retagged accordingly, and zero uses of recycling:excrement will remain. Each of these features has established other tagging. Brycenesbitt (talk) 17:22, 16 April 2015 (UTC)
- How do you plan to tag dog waste bins? --Jojo4u (talk) 13:07, 17 April 2015 (UTC)
- There seems to be no clear method (see talk@). But at this point the deprecated tag amenity=dog_waste_bin seems to have the best match. The goal of this edit is not to invent tagging, but split out the different meanings of this old tag. Someone else can consolidate tagging. Here I am resolving ambiguous tagging. Brycenesbitt (talk) 20:47, 17 April 2015 (UTC)
DONE -- Sanitary Station Retagging
Should the vote at Proposed_features/Sanitary_Dump_Station be adopted, to semi-mechanically retag approximately 200 inconsistently mapped dump stations. Taginfo "similar" function and cut & paste will be used, but with hand curated care. The goal is to focus mapping energy onto a single scheme. This proposal straddles the line between routine mapping and mechanical mapping. Brycenesbitt (talk) 19:36, 18 March 2015 (UTC)
DONE - fixme=set␣better␣denotation and denotation=cluster
Propose to remove two hundred thousand fixme=set␣better␣denotation and denotation=cluster worldwide. Both tags will be removed. These tags were invented by a mechanical edit based on proximity to other trees (any tree within 50 meters of another was marked a 'cluster'). The goal of the import and subsequent manual tagging was to mark all non-special trees as a 'cluster': which proved a Sisyphean task. Rendering software wishing to render tree clusters differently from other trees may use a proximity search. No existing method of tagging historic or important trees is affected. No unique or user entered fixme tags will be mechanically modified. Edit will be done via JOSM, using a high degree of hand curation on edge cases and associated non-mechanical cleanup on the same nodes. Brycenesbitt (talk) 19:42, 4 March 2015 (UTC) clarified per request Brycenesbitt (talk) 19:49, 17 March 2015 (UTC)
This edit is now largely complete. Each chunk of data was brought into JOSM, and carefully reviewed. There were a lot of oddities! Because the edit was hand curated (not a pure bot) it was also possible to make select hand edits for badly spelled tags or values. Some semi-mechanical hand edits of various spellings of broad_leaved were done, and some redundant source tags were cleared. The goal was to leave the objects in good shape, so they won't need editing again. denotation=cluster remains only on a few odd cases, which will be handled individually. Should a new tag be proposed to replace the function of denotation=cluster, I would support and help that effort. Brycenesbitt (talk) 19:54, 17 March 2015 (UTC)
For some of the sad history of this tag read https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2010-September/004454.html
WITHDRAWN - migrate from type=xxxx to "leaf_type=/leaf_cycle="
- Please avoid extending mechanical proposals that people might not have seen changed in between. Especialy if you received agreement for the version 1. It will only make things harder to understand. I also suggest to write one proposal per paragraph for ease of reading. sletuffe (talk) 22:19, 10 March 2015 (UTC)
DISCUSS - fixme=stream␣attibutes␣missing and stream=fixme
Propose to remove several thousand fixme=stream␣attibutes␣missing and stream=fixme from a series of imports in the USA. Removal to be hand curated with JOSM. Brycenesbitt (talk) 00:42, 27 February 2015 (UTC)
DONE - fixme=type_of_palm
Propose to remove several thousand fixme=type_of_palm from a botched edit (JOSM select all was used, and all nodes got the tag). DONE in cooperation with the user who made the error.
DISCUSS Ranger Stations
Imports by the US National Park Service used amenity=police for Ranger Stations, prior to this proposal. If this tag is approved it is the the proposer's intent to retag most clearly identifiable amenity=police nodes to amenity=ranger_station, if they reside within a USA state or National Park. This may catch the odd police only station, but the typical case should be correct. (talk) 17:12, 15 January 2013 (UTC)
Proposal to ask an admin to delete the April 2013 page http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:toilets:type , retag all 48 uses to toilets:disposal, and tidy up. Similarly to retag 200 uses of http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/pitlatrine to the equivalent toilets:disposal=pitlatrine tag. Brycenesbitt (talk) 17:12, 15 January 2014 (UTC)