|North Bay, Ontario, Canada|
|latitude: 46.31, longitude: -79.45|
|Browse map of North Bay 46°18′36″ N, 79°27′00″ W|
|Use this template for your city|
There is a polygon for the main building created from the Bing imagery. Many of the parking lots have been mapped and tagged, some still need to be done. The Bing imagery is old and some of the parking lots have changed and new buildings have been built. Site surveys are needed.
- Map remaining parking lots
- Add footways
- Update polygons for new Gym and Library
- Add Parking lots at Monastery Hall and Residences
- The Campus Trails have all been mapped with GPS surveys as of 2013-01-13. All GPS traces have been tagged with "Campus Trails, North Bay, Ontario" and can be found at this page: http://www.openstreetmap.org/traces/tag/Campus%20Trails .
- Map ski trails
The sign at the trailhead lists restrictions for use of the Campus Trails. Bicycles are prohibited. The trailhead sign does not indicate the presence of cross-country ski trails even though these intersect and overlap with hiking trails. These ski trails are groomed by the University when conditions allow.
I recommend the use of the following tags for hiking trails. Didymops 19:29, 13 January 2013 (UTC)
- Most of the ways for roads in town came from a GeoBase import in 2009. They are broken into sections and need to either be joined, or replaced with updated ways from CanVec 10 maybe.
- All of the hiking trails in Laurier Woods Conservation Area have been mapped from GPS traces as of 2013-01-13.
Hiking trails are designated for foot and bicycle use according to the sign at the trailhead.
- Area polygon for boundary?
CanVec 10 data has been imported for some areas in the 031L05 and 031L06 NTS tiles.
031L05 - In progress
031L06 - In progress
|031L06.0.0.1||Partial||http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/14115048||Only Hydrologic Features were imported|
|031L06.0.0.2||Partial||http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/14115448||Only Hydrologic Features were imported|
|031L06.0.1.0||Partial||http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/14114389||Only Hydrologic Features were imported|