|Latitude: (-2.008, Longitude: 29.764|
|Browse Rwanda map|
| External links:
|Use this template for your city • What do the links do?|
Rwanda is a country in Africa at latitude 2° 0′ 29″ South, longitude 29° 45′ 50″ East.
|WikiProject Rwanda +/-|
Boundary relation of Rwanda.
Map of Rwanda
Districts in Rwanda
see also Wikipedia article about the districts.
see template:map_status for the color definitions.
Cities and town
Population as of 2002 
- Kigali 608,141
- Gitarama 84,669
- Butare 77,449
- Ruhengeri 70,525
- Gisenyi 67,192
- Byumba 66,536
- Cyangugu 59,429
- Nyanza 55,699
- Buga 51,128
- Rwamagana 47,203
- Kibuye 46,500
- Ruhango 43,780
- Kibungo 43,582
- Gikongoro 32,476
- Umutara 8,003
- We have permission to draw Rwanda form a map. The map is available as WMS at http://wms.openstreetmap.de/ (layer named "Ruanda"). For more details see  and 
- Africover () and DEPHA () - have granted us (Development Seed () - permission to upload their base layers - roads, rivers, rails, admin boundaries. So far, we have uploaded the road shapefile. Outstanding work includes:
- Rivers - Africover
- Admin Boundaries (need to determine current status of OSM dataset before doing anything here) - Africover
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (Africover) ()- A project aimed at generating a database of GIS layers for the purpose of promoting sustainable management of environmental resources at national, regional and global levels. Rwanda data includes administrative and political boundaries, rivers, towns, and spatially/thematically aggregated landcover. We've received permission from Africover to import road, river, and administrative boundary data layers into OSM.
- Map Library () - A project of the Map Maker Trust. It has a simple base map, outline, and layers of administrative boundaries and areas, level one divisions, and satellite images.
- GeoCommunity () - A GIS data depot that provide premium downloads for a minimal cost and normal downloads free of charge. Available Rwanda layers include political/ocean boundaries, roads, populated places, and landcover.
Other datasets that might be useful:
- Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center (SEDAC) () - Population layers for the world.