From OpenStreetMap Wiki
(Redirected from Greengrocer)
|shop = greengrocer|
|A shop which sells fruits and vegetables|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: De facto|
|Tools for this tag|
Ais a shop which sells fruits and vegetables.
- Greece: it's a common type of shop selling vegetables and fruits and it's called Μανάβικο manaviko
- Sweden: it's called grönsakshandel, Frukt och grönt eller grönsaksaffär.
- Hungary: Zöldség-gyümölcs kereskedés (for vegetables and fruits)
- Italy: it's called Fruttivendolo and sells vegetables and fruits
How to map
Tags used in combination
- name=* - the name of this feature
- operator=* - indicates the operator of name of the company operating this feature
- opening_hours=* - hours of opening
- phone=* - phone number of this feature
- website=* - URL of this feature
- wheelchair=no/yes/limited - suitable for wheelchairs
There's quite a lot of a very similar shop types. The distinction will often be a matter of judgement:
- shop=convenience - Very similar small shop. Distinction may be tricky. Wider range of products, whereas a greengrocers would be focused on fruit and vegetables.
- shop=supermarket - shops which sell a whole range of products, but which are large. Suggested distinction: Large enough to have push trolleys. Please note that many small shops will call themselves supermarkets in their name. Please choose based on the size of the shop, not its name.
- shop=farm - A seasonal outlet for goods produced on a given farm.
- shop=general - a very similar type of shop, but typically with an even wider range of products including tools, building supplies. It sells everything because it is the only shop for miles around.
- shop=newsagent - a small shop primarily selling newspapers and magazines
- shop=kiosk - a very little shop (a kiosk) selling cigarettes, newspapers, sweets, snacks, and convenience items