From OpenStreetMap Wiki
|Specifies how the gates of a railway level crossing operate|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
The tag crossing:activation=* specifies how the gates of a railway level crossing operate.
How to map?
- railway=level_crossing obligatory
- crossing:barrier=* obligatory
- crossing:activation=* - the way of operation
- crossing:activation=automatic - automatic (by contacts)
- crossing:activation=local - locally operated (by railway company)
- crossing:activation=remote - remote operated (by train dispatcher)
- crossing:activation=user - user operated