|Indicates vehicle occupancy requirements of a highway|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
The hov=* ( high-occupancy vehicle) tag is used to indicate any vehicle occupancy requirements for a section of highway. HOV lanes are also known as carpool lanes, diamond lanes, transit lanes or T2 or T3 lanes.
- designated: Designated to high occupancy, but no minimum requirement specified
- yes: High occupancy vehicles are allowed. This does not mean that other vehicles are restricted.
- 2 (also 2+) Carriageway useable by vehicles with two or more occupants
- 3 (also 3+) Carriageway useable by vehicles with three or more occupants
- lane - a limited number of lanes of the carriageway are high-occupancy
Note: the values 2, 3 and lane are not in-line with the general tagging of access restrictions.
HOV lanes can be visualized during editing with the style Land and road attributes using the key hov:lanes=* and a lane-value of designated. The following screenshot shows a motorway tagged with hov:lanes=designated|yes|yes|yes|yes and hov:minimum=2.