|shop = bicycle|
|A store where you can buy and/or repair your bike and buy accessories.|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
A store where you can buy and/or repair your bike and buy accessories.
How to map
Tags used in combination
- operator=* - indicates the operator of name of the company operating this feature
- opening_hours=* - hours of opening
- phone=* - phone number of this feature
- website=* - URL of this feature
- wheelchair=no/yes/limited - suitable for wheelchairs
These keys describe bicycle-related services. Their use is not restricted to bicycle shops and they can be applied to any point of interest.
|service:bicycle:retail||yes/no||bicycles are sold|
|service:bicycle:repair||yes/no||bicycles are repaired (for a fee). For unattended tool stands use the separate tag amenity=bicycle_repair_station.|
|service:bicycle:rental||yes/no|| bicycles are rented.|
Not to be confused with amenity=bicycle_rental which is reserved for "bicycle rental service based on parking stations" and "does not concern bicycle rental shops"
|service:bicycle:pump||yes/no||there is a free bicycle pump which can be used by anybody (it is not restricted to customers)|
|service:bicycle:diy||yes/no||there are tools for do-it-yourself bike repair / building (e.g. a bike co-operative). In some cases tools are freely available, in other cases a fee must be paid.|
|service:bicycle:cleaning||yes/no||bicycles are washed (for a fee)|
|service:bicycle:second_hand||yes/no||second-hand bicycles are sold (better to use second_hand=* like in other shops)|
|service:bicycle:charging||yes/no/fee/free||You can charge pedelecs (bicycle assisted by a small electric motor)|
If a bicycle shop is not tagged with a key from the above list, it means that its status is unknown: for instance, if a bicycle shop does not have a service:bicycle:repair tag, nothing can be assumed about its repair service.
UK Bike shop locator tool
UK Bike shop locator is a tool to help find bike shops missing from OSM, based on a list from the Association of Cycle Traders. If a bike shop is mapped in OSM, it can be marked as such. If not mapped, it should be surveyed and added to the map as usual. More details: Bike shop data in OpenStreetMap: your help needed.
- highway=cycleway - ways mainly or exclusively for bicycles
- amenity=bicycle_parking - parking spaces especially for bicycles
- amenity=bicycle_rental - automated bicycle sharing
- amenity=bicycle_repair_station - for unattended usually 24/7 access to repair tools.
- Proposed features/service:bicycle - original proposal for the additional keys.