|Myanmar, Southeastern Asia|
|latitude: 18.75, longitude: 95.5|
|Browse Myanmar map 18° 45′ 0″ N, 95° 30′ 0″ E|
|Use this template for your city|
Myanmar is a country in Southeastern Asia at latitude 18° 45′ 0″ North, longitude 95° 30′ 0″ East.
|OpenStreetMap images (and underlying map data) are freely available under the OpenStreetMap License.|
Configuration and integration of Sahana and OSM, and establishment of communities in Myanmar.
Things you can do to help!
There are some things you can do to help:
- Add missing residential roads on the outskirts of Naypyidaw, Yangon, Mandalay, Mawlamyine and Bago using Bing imagery
Top Priorities as of 2012
- Configuration and setup of local OSM server(s), decide on time frame, decide on output: WMS or TMS - Brett,Neil and Mikel
- Brett currently working on a tiles generator server configuration using a combination of osmosis replication, mapnik tiles generation and tilecache on demand tile generation.
- Patch and test latest GIS code from Sahana unstable to sahana_myanmar branch, help configure module to access OSM data - Mifan
- Create OSM TMS support in Sahana OpenLayers client, decide on timeframe - Mifan
- Handle database l10n in UTF - Rob, Mifan
- Hosting requirement and Infrastructure plan - Rob, Chris Tun
- OSM Hosting infrastructure plan - Brett, Neil
- Support Myanmar language version of the OpenStreetMap. i.e. street names in Myanmar - Myanmars
- I see already myanmar characters in the OSM map, is this still a TODO? --Capiscuas 08:57, 16 April 2012 (BST)
Other Data Sources
- GIS ShapeFiles collected by Myanmar Information Management Unit (MIMU)
- Myanmar HIC
http://www.humanitarian.info/2008/05/10/cyclone-nargis-you-know/(domain parked) - humanitarian.info had collected a number of data sources.
- Myanmar Virtual IM Working Group is the forum for collection and sharing of Myanmar geodata. You'll need to request admission to the group to access the inventory.
- UNJLC data This is a preview of UN logistics data in Myanmar, for us to examine. The licensing terms are still being worked out (most likely public domain, but not yet). A cleaner release will be available in the coming days.
- Myanmar Yellowmappages
- US National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency has geographic names data for the country (Public domain), listed as "Burma".
Myanmar on Garmin
Download mkgmap and use the following commands on linux. If you use Microsoft Windows you will also have to download wget.
wget -O mm.osm http://www.overpass-api.de/api/xapi?map?bbox=93.4,15.5,98.0,23.0 java -jar mkgmap.jar mm.osm
Then use sendmap to load the resulting .img file into a Garmin GPS device (Sendmap is available from http://cgpsmapper.com/ and mkgmap is available from www.mkgmap.org.uk/). The overpass server is needed to get such a large area.
This covers most touristed parts of Myanmar. You'll most likely want to modify the styles that dictate what parts of the OSM map go into the garmin map. See Mkgmap for more info on mkgmap. (You can also use it to produce a gmapsupp.img file to place directly on the SD card without using sendmap).
- edit the page to add your name here
OnDemandTileServer - Instructions for installation and configuration of server for generating tiles on-demand.
Progress : Areas/Cities in Myanmar
TODO: Describe/coordinate progress in other areas